file What no sticky?

13 Sep 2011 06:30 #10074 by Izaak
Replied by Izaak on topic Re: What no sticky?

What is the difference? When WW/CCP ran the game, we had one person designing all the cards. Now, we will have one or more persons designing all the cards. Why does a corporation backing-up that one person mean something to you?

The difference? Well, for starters this one person did it as his job and got paid doing so. The same person was also very much in touch with the community and had gained the respect and trust of the same community.

The VEKN design team, if it even exists, is unknown to the community and has therefore not (yet) built the same respect and trust that Scott had. Instead what we have is a bunch of people "in the know" being "publically secretive" and the rest of us speculating about it. It's not unlike kids teasing each other: "nja nja I know a secret and I won't tell you".

Finally, a company behind cards will ensure their printing quality as well as proper distribution. For me, all this that makes a difference. For you it doesn't and you're happy with Damnams hosting a PDF with 10 new cards and Pascal saying "these are tournament legal now". That's all perfectly fine, but it's also where the community gets cut in half.

I'll buy your cards. Send me an email with your list and I'll give you a fair price for them.

I'll keep that in mind for when this actually happens.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2011 07:15 #10076 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: What no sticky?

What is the difference? When WW/CCP ran the game, we had one person designing all the cards. Now, we will have one or more persons designing all the cards. Why does a corporation backing-up that one person mean something to you?

The difference? Well, for starters this one person did it as his job and got paid doing so. The same person was also very much in touch with the community and had gained the respect and trust of the same community.

You mean the people who can't help but critize Villein, Imbued, Ashur Tablets, Una, etc.?

The VEKN design team, if it even exists, is unknown to the community and has therefore not (yet) built the same respect and trust that Scott had. Instead what we have is a bunch of people "in the know" being "publically secretive" and the rest of us speculating about it.

So why all of you are speaking about something that doesn't exist?
Wait until VEKN board makes an announcement, if there is any. Until then, it seems such a waste of time.

I'm not a big fan of community driven design anyway, because it tend to never finish and noone can make choices.

The real question is: do you trust VEKN can help the game? If you don't, just promote the game by yourself by any mean. Otherwise, let them work at whatever they're working at. I think they check this forum and see what is expected (up-to-date rankings please! :))

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
13 Sep 2011 09:34 #10078 by Pascal Bertrand
Replied by Pascal Bertrand on topic Re: What no sticky?
The VEKN is watching. :AUS:

It doesn't guarantee, though, that Una will get banned in the next couple of days nor that the job that is ongoing with the ratings is finished.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amenophobis, Kraus

More
13 Sep 2011 13:42 - 13 Sep 2011 13:44 #10091 by Robba Yaga
Replied by Robba Yaga on topic Re: What no sticky?
Kevin wrote: "I seriously doubt that any potential new player would come on board simply because the VEKN is developing new cards."

I know of players that would be interested in learning and playing the game if they thought there might be new cards printed or older cards reprinted.

And there is a Princes' forum? While I am neither a great Prince nor player, I have been both a long time and I've never known about a forum specifically for Princes. :-/

Robert Dudock

P.S. Sorry, got tired of reading the whole set of posts and jumped to the part that I was curious about.
Last edit: 13 Sep 2011 13:44 by Robba Yaga.

More
13 Sep 2011 14:03 #10092 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Re: What no sticky?

So why all of you are speaking about something that doesn't exist?
Wait until VEKN board makes an announcement, if there is any. Until then, it seems such a waste of time.

This is the bleedin' POINT! :pinch: No one knows if there is anything out there, and that's what people in general would like to know.

I agree, though: The discussion about the nature of said 'design teams' or whatnot are pretty much redundant. The issue is that it would be cool to have a word.

Just sayin'.

The VEKN is watching. :AUS:

Cheers. :) However - and I don't mean to be rude - but it's not much.

Thanks for the wee bit at least.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
13 Sep 2011 15:17 #10093 by Adonai
Replied by Adonai on topic Re: What no sticky?

And there is a Princes' forum? While I am neither a great Prince nor player, I have been both a long time and I've never known about a forum specifically for Princes. :-/

Yes.

www.vekn.net/index.php/vekn-faq

2.13. I am a Prince but I cannot access the Prince Forum or register sanctioned events. What should I do?

Contact the Website Coordinator, and he will give you the status of Prince on www.vekn.net and associate your V:EKN number with your user account.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds