file List of cards to ban

13 Feb 2011 22:00 #1376 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: List of cards to ban

The original version of Villein was, IIRC, move exactly 2 blood, put on a guy, hose Minion Tap. Which seemed like a coaster.
[snip]

FWIW, here's the original Villein:

Villein
Master. Put this card on a vampire you control and move 1 or more blood from that vampire to your pool. Minion Tap cards cost an additional pool. Villein costs an additional pool to play on this vampire.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2011 23:04 #1378 by bakija
Replied by bakija on topic Re: List of cards to ban

It as well as great number of other hard to find cards is needed only for special decks. Demand for such cards will be much lower.

That same can be said for Villein and Ashur Tablets. I have exactly 1 deck (of, like, 20) that uses Villein. And 1 that uses Ashur Tablets. And not 'cause I don't own enough to use in multiple decks.

No brainers are boring.

Well, sure. But there are plenty of them. All disciplines have "no brainers". Plenty of master cards are "no brainers". That's just how things work.

Talking is essential part of the game. Several cards are not.

Talking *a lot* is not an essential part of the game. You have to talk some. You don't have to spend 10 minutes every turn trying to convince people to help you win. Which happens all the time. There are very few, if any, cards that make the game go longer than people just talking too much.

GB is automatic addition to any deck, best way to play it is as soon as you draw it, it's dumb badly designed card.

Well, not any deck. Weenie decks don't benefit much from it. And automatically including it in every deck is a good way to end up with a dead card in every deck. I'd never say it isn't strong. But automatically including it in every deck you build is a bad idea.

I'm not sure with Jake miself. He just is too like GB to me

You have to be at exactly 0 blood during your untap phase. He doesn't work with Villein. He works with Vessel, but that's it. He also needs to survive to be in play during your untap phase, which is hardly a certainty.

This is accesible to all of the decks powerful card. It's just bad when everybody plays with the same cards (or wish to play with them). This is my main argument for DI, PS, DoS.

If everyone plays it, it gets contested. Which is generally worse than just not playing it in the first place.

I'm really not so sure about this one.

Parity Shift is bad as it is incredibly, stupidly powerful and single handedly makes playing non Camarilla vote decks generally not worth the effort. Remove it from the game, and Camarilla vote *still* kicks non Camarilla vote in the ass, but not quite as badly.

Em, you think that by banning the best dominate card we are not nerfing whis discipline?

Govern isn't the best dominate card. If you want to nerf dominate, you need to kill Govern, Conditioning, and Deflection. Then dominate starts to look reasonable.

Ashurs are changing fundamentals of the game (effective number of cards in the library and it's contents). It's fun as a concept, but execution is a painfull and long process.

Sure. But generally speaking, it is hardly a game breaker, and only really works in specific decks as opposed to all of them. And the time it takes to work is nothing, again, compared to people talking too much.

We will need no solution if we ban all problem cards. "Cancel card" is a bad game mechanics, when it's combined with trifle, it olso becomes a no-braner addition. I know that it's not a powerhouse, but it doesn't matter.

Sudden is more effective. Wash is a reasonably good card. But hardly worth thinking about twice.

By some reason Ector alredy hates me after some discussion in russian forum. Evil must work alone?

Ah, see, really, the joke was that I was considering that you and Ector were the same person. Which I don't actually think. It was just comedy.

More
14 Feb 2011 00:26 #1381 by Pullen
Replied by Pullen on topic Re: List of cards to ban
No to all of this, the game is fine the way it is.

:OBT::MYT::PRO::val::obf:
The following user(s) said Thank You: jhattara

More
14 Feb 2011 04:37 - 14 Feb 2011 04:59 #1399 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Re: List of cards to ban

No to all of this, the game is fine the way it is.

Friends, we will went nowhere with such pase. Just 20 comments... :unsure:

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:
Last edit: 14 Feb 2011 04:59 by elotar.

More
14 Feb 2011 07:55 #1405 by wargrim
Replied by wargrim on topic Re: List of cards to ban
No changes are required.
1 vote against.

"Iusiurandum patri datum usque ad hanc diem ita servavi"

More
14 Feb 2011 08:39 #1407 by Amenophobis
There is no vote going on. It's a discussion. Feel free to discuss the topic, but 1 vote doesn't really mean something. :huh:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds