check Important facts about the first V:EKN set in development

29 Feb 2012 21:30 #24365 by Izaak

But really problem for me is total secretly of developing new set. There are many mentions Inner Circle etc in the post. I have no idea what Inner Circle is and what it does. Neither has majority of players. I feel this set is designed for and by Inner Circle and not for normal players. There could be some designer blog or even more interviews in Cause & Effect show.

I've been saying this for months, but all it did was get me -25 karma when it was still there and snarky replies on basically every post I made regarding the topic. More clarity was promised, which was followed suit by a Developers Blog but the last news entry is dated almost 2 months ago.

Unfortunate as it is, the described chain of events doesn't comes as a surprise to me.

I hope design team would use community more. Blog or even a design one card competition would go long way. I really want to make Vtes community better and there should be topics thinking of that.

Unfortunate as it is, the current IC members and by extension card designers don't understand that the most important quality in a leader is the ability to communicate. This is even moreso the case when your only way of communication is the internet. What the IC and the VEKN as a whole needs is someone with decent writing skills to keep the community up to date about events and stay in touch with the community. Look at the often-quoted Star Trek community website (www.trekcc.org/): it's up to date, is pleasant to read (unlike this silly black and red) has news headlines, articles, hosts resources such as deck building tools and tons and tons more. THAT is what this community should look like if it's going to be remotely successfull in the long run.

All we have is a glorified forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Satrapa, Ohlmann

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Feb 2012 21:51 #24368 by johannes

I got the clear impression that making this post, for Jeff, was a last resort, after many other approaches to solve the problem had failed. Whether there were other avenues that should have been pursued before this post was made, I don't know, but I think it's clear that Jeff feels there weren't, and it seems like he's put a lot of thought into that. Even if one were to disagree, I think it should be done respectfully.

It was the last resort in having his way at all cost. First he tried to blackmail us with it, though. The problem is if I need to respond in detail I have to break my promise of confidence I have given to other people and I am not ready to do that. The Inner Circle and the rest of the design team is going to put together a response which will try to address the points while being respectful.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mephistopheles, JediMike

More
29 Feb 2012 21:53 #24369 by Robert Goudie

Unfortunate as it is, the current IC members and by extension card designers don't understand that the most important quality in a leader is the ability to communicate. This is even moreso the case when your only way of communication is the internet. What the IC and the VEKN as a whole needs is someone with decent writing skills to keep the community up to date about events and stay in touch with the community. Look at the often-quoted Star Trek community website (www.trekcc.org/): it's up to date, is pleasant to read (unlike this silly black and red) has news headlines, articles, hosts resources such as deck building tools and tons and tons more. THAT is what this community should look like if it's going to be remotely successfull in the long run.

All we have is a glorified forum.

Manygood points, Izaak.

I've always thought the ST community was fantastic. Note, though, that they've had years to get to this point. Hopefully, it won't take us as long to get the hang of it.

There are always opportunities for individuals who want to contribute to the community to contribute. Nobody needs a vekn sanction to provide, for example, articles and deck building tools. It will be easier then for the VEKN to then see that person's contribution and sanction it (make it official or add it to the vekn.net site or whatever) if all are in agreement.

What I've seen over the years is a lot of "hey we should do this or that" type posts but when it comes down to it, we have few people in the community who are willing to make the committment necessary to get things done and keep them going. We need a larger base of committed volunteers to make more things happen.

-Robert

More
29 Feb 2012 22:01 #24371 by jamesatzephyr

Nobody is going to lock this thread. We will prepare a response.

Breath-taking.

"No comment needed" to "We will prepare a response" in how long?

You chronically mis-judged your first response.

More
29 Feb 2012 22:10 #24372 by johannes

Nobody is going to lock this thread. We will prepare a response.

Breath-taking.
"No comment needed" to "We will prepare a response" in how long?
You chronically mis-judged your first response.

You have a point. Yeah I got angry for a moment, I usually do. Because I was very disappointed about the massive breach of trust. Upon more careful consideration I find that this will require a large follow-up, which consumes time that could have been invested into something more useful. My initial reaction is always to reject that kind of time-wasting unless I realize it cannot be avoided.

More
29 Feb 2012 22:17 - 29 Feb 2012 22:26 #24373 by Forhead
I'd prefer you keep this in the tight circle were it belongs. I want a functioning organization and the end product is what I am conserned about. Will the set when it's done live up to the standard that CCP/WW had with thier sets? Sorry about sounding unsympathetic, but the truth is that it's the end result that matters not the politics behind the design team. Simply put: I want my set and I want it to be good. The drama is not that important to me.

Isak Esbjörnsson Bjärmark
Last edit: 29 Feb 2012 22:26 by Forhead.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds