check Important facts about the first V:EKN set in development

03 Mar 2012 16:59 - 03 Mar 2012 17:00 #24597 by MSummers
I would never have thought of them as true cards in the first place. I am not sure I want a group of people that can't get past their personal biases and political problems, designing cards for a game I play anyway.
Last edit: 03 Mar 2012 17:00 by MSummers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Mar 2012 17:49 #24600 by ICL

I would never have thought of them as true cards in the first place. I am not sure I want a group of people that can't get past their personal biases and political problems, designing cards for a game I play anyway.

Um, that - personal biases and political problems - describes every instance of CCG design I've been involved in or have heard about personally from other CCG designers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum

More
03 Mar 2012 20:23 #24610 by Juggernaut1981
I'm not sure I want prejudiced people who can't get past their biases and personal opinions running a country, but we're stuck with that as well...

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Satrapa, Alex O, captain1arm

More
04 Mar 2012 07:59 #24633 by Joscha
Problems arise very often when a group of people have to work together. You can see it almost everywhere. And maybe even more if those people know each other only through internet. At my working place it is common that conflicts arise now and then and have to be solved. The key is good communication and maybe sombody as a counsellor, supervisor or mediator.

Baron of Frankfurt
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981, Amenophobis, captain1arm

More
04 Mar 2012 09:15 #24641 by captain1arm
I understand both sides in this and would like to see what the IC has to say. Although Jeff’s message was well thought out and well written, which means he obviously thought about it before he wrote. It also means he didn't just write in a moment of anger (which a lot of people do).

Robba yaga is correct! Perhaps we can fix some serious problems.

For the guys in the inner circle it would be difficult working with people only know over the internet. And I know that not everyone one gets along but at the end of the day you have to learn to work together. That’s the way it is. At work or in schools there is/was always that person who you don’t really get along with, yet always seemed to get paired with. As long as the finished product is good then, at the end of the day, isn’t that what matters?

I just hope they can sort this out and move on and that VTES stays alive with new exciting sets. Like Juggernaut said.

More
04 Mar 2012 14:11 #24698 by Jyhad
I have to agree with Robba, Bernie and Jeff on this. As a former play tester with Bernie during Bloodlines. There was always a lot of dysfunction in getting things through the political quagmire that persists in all facets of life.

Sometimes the only way to get things accomplished is by breaking the rules. Usually because those in charge are abusing the rules as they stand or constantly change them. Which is always the case.

If you seriously want to get another set off the ground. You're going to need to work from the ground up. Perhaps even re-establishing not just the testers and Leaders of it but the Inner Council itself as well as other "Titled" individuals with those who are not only more active, but more interested in the integrity of the game than in getting credit for something that won't get them anything other than notoriety among a select few.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Satrapa

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds