check Important facts about the first V:EKN set in development

29 Feb 2012 22:19 #24374 by jamesatzephyr

You chronically mis-judged your first response.

You have a point. Yeah I got angry for a moment, I usually do.

You're the chair of V:EKN. You don't get to just label people as mudslingers. Your actions represent V:EKN.

Bottom-line: when someone says V:EKN's Inner Circle is dysfunctional and the Chair's response is to kick off hurling insults, then yes, V:EKN's Inner Circle is dysfunctional. Chronically, emphatically, publicly so.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Satrapa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Feb 2012 22:22 #24375 by Izaak

What I've seen over the years is a lot of "hey we should do this or that" type posts but when it comes down to it, we have few people in the community who are willing to make the committment necessary to get things done and keep them going.

What I have seen over the years is many "newcomers" offering their assistance in one way or another and then being turned down because it was not required. What I have seen is many enthousiastic players run into a wall or bureaucracy and people that place themselves above the community. Organizations need new, fresh blood to keep moving forward, yet the entirety of the IC-member were appointed based on their past contributions. VEKN needs new, enthousiastic people to contribute and keep the community interested.

I have a lot of respect for Johannes as a person and for what he did for the game with vekn.de when it was still run by CCP. Similarly, I have a lot of respect for Giñes (who I never met in person) and for what he did for the community in Spain. I just don't think they are particular good leaders.

Both Johannes' posts in this thread are as much evidence of that as anything. Whatever transpired between Jeff and the IC on the hidden forums, the ONLY correct replies to the original posts were either no reply at all or "Thank you for voicing your concerns, I will reply to them later this week" or something along the lines. Instead he accuses Jeff of mud-throwing and blackmailing, which may or may not be the case, but we "plebs" CANNOT KNOW THAT so all we see is the guy that's supposed to be in charge bitch at a well-written and elaborate post writting by a respected community member.

The thing is, doing a lot for VTES doesn't entitle you to be in it's borad of directors and neither does it make you a good, inspiring leader. It's also not a requirement to be a leader if you want to make a significant contribution to this community. For example, I find Jeff Thompson's devotion and contribution to V:TES on his own website and this website BY FAR the best that could ever happen to VTES and yet, he's not even National Coordinator, let alone an IC member.

We need a larger base of committed volunteers to make more things happen.

Then what you need to do is specify and communicate these needs. Figure out what you need and make people volunteer. Let them try for a month or so and if they're doing great keep them, otherwise find someone else. Get in touch with NCs and active players/forum contributors. Demote inactive IC members and replace them with people that want to help out.

Stop the secrecy. You can't sit on your hidden IC forum making seemingly random decisions and then expect hundreds of people to just follow your lead "because you say so". Society doesn't work that way.

More
29 Feb 2012 22:28 #24376 by johannes

You're the chair of V:EKN. You don't get to just label people as mudslingers. Your actions represent V:EKN.

Bottom-line: when someone says V:EKN's Inner Circle is dysfunctional and the Chair's response is to kick off hurling insults, then yes, V:EKN's Inner Circle is dysfunctional. Chronically, emphatically, publicly so.

I am the chairman but I am also a person and a player. Sometimes I represent the V:EKN and then I state that in my statement and sign with "The chairman of the V:EKN". Sometimes I represent a person, and I think that is valid. We are not talking about the presidency of the states here.

Also "kick off hurling insults" is a mis-representation. I voiced my opinion that breaking someones trust is "a low", which I full stand behind and that is not an insult it is a matter of decency. And when he states things that he got 3rd hand and that are meant to put people involved in a bad light but are not relevant to the matter (the "players guide" thing) that pretty much qualifies as "mud-slinging".

More
29 Feb 2012 22:34 #24377 by jamesatzephyr

I am the chairman but I am also a person and a player. Sometimes I represent the V:EKN

When responding to a critique of the V:EKN, you represent the V:EKN.

Pretending otherwise is again evidence of the dysfunctionality of key Inner Circle personnel.

Also "kick off hurling insults" is a mis-representation.

Not in this universe it ain't.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Satrapa

More
29 Feb 2012 22:36 #24378 by johannes

That is a very strong argument.

More
29 Feb 2012 22:39 - 29 Feb 2012 22:40 #24379 by jamesatzephyr

That is a very strong argument.

Let's try it very simply.

Someone posts a well-written, calm, rational critique of the V:EKN.
You label it mud-slinging. <--- This is an insult.

If you do not understand that this is an insult, you need to stop posting. You have already dug an enormous hole for yourself. Please stop. Let someone on the Inner Circle save you from yourself, because you clearly don't have the skills to do it.

(This, as it goes, is also an insult. But I don't represent the V:EKN. You do. Man up.)
Last edit: 29 Feb 2012 22:40 by jamesatzephyr.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds