check Important facts about the first V:EKN set in development

01 Mar 2012 11:07 #24420 by johannes

The in-house channels obviously were not working before, so why would it work again now if chosen? Professionalism was breached beforehand in many ways, and irrevocably when power politics entered the IC decision process. There's a reason why secrecy supports power dynamics and tends to be inimical to healthy collaboration.

I want to play VTES as a game, not live it. As a player, give me sunlight, please.

Yes mistakes were made and there was an ongoing process to fix them. He decided not to take part anymore and go public. Nobody tried to play power politics out of the IC.

I am looking forward to our equally well formualated statement, that will not be backed by one person but by many and will try to "set things right" as much as possible.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2012 11:20 #24421 by Azel

Also, how can the VEKN even enforce NDAs? They don't have a license for setting or mechanics.

Quite simply: we cannot enforce them. They are a formal representation of an agreement between members of this community, I would dare say friends. They are just clearly showing that this agreement is there. If someone choses to ignore the agreement we cannot impose any penalties upon him, however it will show for the future that simply he cannot be trusted.

zOMG, I sincerely hope that I don't have to read this as an issue of "deal-breaking metagaming" vendettas leaking into Real Life. Intimations of circles of trust and potential ostracism certainly does not bode well for our community. Again, I hope we can play.the.game. (courtesy of... was it Ashur?) and not have to live it.

Seriously, this is why secrecy and power structures don't look like they're helping us. There has to be a better way.

More
01 Mar 2012 13:38 #24430 by jozxyqk
I just came here to say that I invented a word for this thread:

Kutastrophe.

That is all.

Carry on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jesper, Dorrinal, Erol

More
01 Mar 2012 14:27 #24437 by Chaitan
Some of the cards played during this drama.

Ambush
Blackmail
Enrage
Political Antagonist
Political Backlash
Political Struggle
Power of One
Propaganda
Chain of Command
The following user(s) said Thank You: Erol, captain1arm

More
01 Mar 2012 14:33 #24438 by Ohlmann

You forgot Lunatic Eruption :p

More
01 Mar 2012 14:33 #24439 by Klaital

Ambush
Blackmail
Enrage
Political Antagonist
Political Backlash
Political Struggle
Power of One
Propaganda
Chain of Command

You forgot Wrath of the Inner Circle and Protect Thine Own. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Satrapa

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds