check Important facts about the first V:EKN set in development

08 Mar 2012 02:49 #25248 by Brum
Dear Mr. Jeff Kuta,

May I know the reason why the OP was posted in Board Game Geek?
It only gave an awful external image of VEKN to other communities.
Nothing else could be achieved by that posting, since it is obvious that Board Game Geek forums are scarcely used by us VtES folk.
In this I respectfully question your motives.

Also, where are the other Design Team Members that share your issues with the process and why haven't they come to surface?

I assume the worse problem was that you and the other team members had N cards though of and fully discussed and the DT Leader came from torpor and took most of them of the list, or significantly changed them.
Can you give a percentage of the cards you worked on that were sent to the Garbage Collector?
This would give us the reason of your issues, because the personal part is really irrelevant. You can't ask people to be professional and not be one yourself. If this was a poorly run professional company or political organization, you would just resign.
Otherwise after this "press release" you wouldn't be able to find a job in the area.
I think you can't ask people to be professional here. Period.

In a Sabbat themed expansion, I assume the dramatic changes in theme that the DT Leader imposed where non Sabbat Vampire cards.
Please don't confirm or deny this theory.
I'm just getting to a point:
Camarilla Edition had Sabbat Vampires and the WoD only ended several years later and that wasn't the reason why it ended.

You did point out issues that I believe will improve the way future sets are designed from scratch, specially in choosing and managing the Design Team. Because our volunteers are people who are doing some of these things for the first time and are nice enough to try to improve.
Not because you made this more or less public.
I don't agree that you used up all other means of communication and had no choice but to go public. You didn't contact the people that are directly under the IC.
No, us National Coordinators are not special in any way, except we vote for the IC Candidates, we are the people most in contact with them, we counsel them in many situations and don't have any problems in asking them for some accountability (in the volunteer context that we all are), if need be.

So. Now people know that we had issues in the organization, the IC was asked to act upon it, it reached a decision, a shift in direction was decided and some team members felt disrespected by the IC and DT Leader's decision.
I don't want to diminish you feelings, but you must understand that in the bigger picture, the personal part is not that relevant.
How do you think we all can help, without starting the whole process from scratch?
How do you hope your info will shape the way we do things in the future?

a. I don't agree at all with the way you displayed the information.
b. You point valid issues that should at least make us think and understand better how hard it is to be in a leadership position of an organization with all the bad things of leading a professional company and few of the good ones.

Apart from first question, I tried not to make any character judgment or enter any right/wrong rhetoric.
It was very hard, since I know some of the people involved.
I'm possibly one of the few NCs that has absolutely nothing to do with the work on the next expansion.
Unless one of my two proposals for cards goes through. ;)

Best Regards,
Tiago Brum
Portuguese NC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mephistopheles, henrik

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Mar 2012 09:50 #25298 by Jesper

No, us National Coordinators are not special in any way, except we vote for the IC Candidates, we are the people most in contact with them, we counsel them in many situations and don't have any problems in asking them for some accountability (in the volunteer context that we all are), if need be.

Ehhh say what?

First, Brum cant you once and for all stop pretending that this is a democracy? As far as to my knowledge there have never been a vote, as far as "our" rules are they are there for life. We have never decided upon a structure, everyone have to the best of my knowledge said they would like that and that position and then have gotten it for life, or until someone with more freinds and power decide otherwise.

Right now Power = admin rights to the forum. Admin rights to the site and ofcouse cards/promo/prize support.

But what makes me even more laugh was the passage about you counceling the IC, I have to ask you where this happens? Becouse its no where I have access to.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
08 Mar 2012 10:02 #25301 by Reyda

First, Brum cant you once and for all stop pretending that this is a democracy?

Second, Jesper cant you once and for all stop acting like we're giving a shit ? :side:

We players don't care about politics in this tiny non profit organization. If you have something to say about the prince/NC/IC/Blahblah relationships and love affairs, please do it in private. Please. Really.

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mephistopheles, Drain, Ohlmann

More
08 Mar 2012 10:22 #25302 by Kraus
Seriously, guys, it's been fun to watch, but..

Right now Power = admin rights to the forum. Admin rights to the site and ofcouse cards/promo/prize support.

Who gives a shit? This shouldn't be about power structures, as dozens of people have stated already. I personally don't care if it's a democracy or not, it occurs to me that people just want to know where the develompent is going, what's happening (in general), and when the thing might get published.

If getting the 'people' (us) to know what's going on takes a fired developer and an open rant about how badly things are going, so be it. I hope things do get a wee bit more transparent from here on. But arguments where the real 'power' lies, and whatnot...

Come on!

There's really no real 'power' in handling a dead card game. It's just a forum for peeps to gather and chat away.

I could've just Thank You'd Pandeboy above, but wanted to write things out for a change. :) Just get it done.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reyda, Surreal

More
08 Mar 2012 10:27 #25304 by Jesper

First, Brum cant you once and for all stop pretending that this is a democracy?

Second, Jesper cant you once and for all stop acting like we're giving a shit ? :side:

We players don't care about politics in this tiny non profit organization. If you have something to say about the prince/NC/IC/Blahblah relationships and love affairs, please do it in private. Please. Really.

I must also have missed the vote where we made you spokes person of "we the players".

And no, I wont stop to correct errors and misleading. No I wont take it in Private, when the misleading are done public. Im not yelling around, creating threads trying to get focus, but repleying in a thread where ots appropiate. Why did you keep reading this thread if you have it that way, you must know by now what it is about?

More
08 Mar 2012 10:33 #25305 by Jesper

Seriously, guys, it's been fun to watch, but..

Who gives a shit? This shouldn't be about power structures, as dozens of people have stated already. I personally don't care if it's a democracy or not, it occurs to me that people just want to know where the develompent is going, what's happening (in general), and when the thing might get published.

If getting the 'people' (us) to know what's going on takes a fired developer and an open rant about how badly things are going, so be it. I hope things do get a wee bit more transparent from here on. But arguments where the real 'power' lies, and whatnot...

We agree here. But this still means that I dont want people to think that things are as Brum discribs them. Becouse they are not, is it a problem, not really. Is it a problem if people are lead to misbelive how thins are conducted here, in my very yes, a very big yes. Sorry for not wanting to support that.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds