check Important facts about the first V:EKN set in development

07 Mar 2012 03:21 #25092 by Juggernaut1981
@KJM: I suspect also that from Jeff's post he was suggesting that he isn't breaking NDA because he was not a signatory to the same NDA as Playtesters (if he signed one at all).

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2012 08:38 #25112 by Angel74

After considering what I have been reading, I think this matter cannot be blamed on Jeff entirely. To me, it seems like there's something seriously disfunctional within the VEKN and its Inner Circle.

The probability that Jeff was just a nuts was not too high, but I would not call the Inner Circle "seriously dysfunctionnal". For two reason :

* it serve no purpose to piss them off by swearing at them and calling them name. After all, the VEKN work because of their (probably hard) work.

* we talk about, at worse and taking the Jeff version at face value, autoritative decision and being partial to friends. That's something that happen all the time, with everybody, in every organization existing. There is no money involved, no harassment, and at least for now nothing that threaten VtES.

What I fear is that the Inner circle would try to silence the whole thing, use some smoke screen, and try its best to continue the same road as before, as a reaction to the public protest, instead of being a little more open so as to ensure the problems are solved.

To avoid that, the more important thing is in my opinion to show at least some support to the IC, and at least give them some time. One of the issue is that some people does not work well together ; it's likely that some or all of thoses peoples will have to be removed from the project, it's likely that some or all of thoses peoples are friends or member of the IC, and it's likely that the IC will have the temptation to just bury everything to avoid showing weakness and having to take tough decisions. It's only human.

I would like to elaborate then, since it was not my intention to be swearing and namecalling. I don't think the IC is dysfunctional as a whole. I do see the work they put in keeping V:tES alive, and I do appreciate most of the stuff the VEKN was set up for.

But some of their modus operandi in the case at hand, even if only partly true, is just plain wrong.

If, at my work for example, I'm being asked to get a whole new project going, and I put a lot of effort in it, I would not be happy (understatement) if the management appoints someone to 'monitor' me, which he doesn't really do - only to be neglected by the management when said person decides to show interest after all and apparently disagrees with everything I have done for the project.

(Yes, a slightly exaggerated version of the events I got from Jeff's post - but again; even if only part of this is true, that's not in any point of view the right way of handling things within an organization.)

"They had forgotten the first lesson, that we are to be powerful, beautiful, and without regret." ~ Armand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff Kuta

More
07 Mar 2012 18:37 #25194 by Squidalot

@KJM: I suspect also that from Jeff's post he was suggesting that he isn't breaking NDA because he was not a signatory to the same NDA as Playtesters (if he signed one at all).

To be clear only playtesters are subject to a playtest NDA - the DT are subject to whatever verbal agreement they made when they agreed to do the role with the IC.

As Johannes stated the NDA really is just there as reminder text that the project is confidential and you should only discuss it with others under NDA.

Jeff is also part of a playtest group but i've not received an NDA back from him from this group - but as stated it's a little redundant.

More
07 Mar 2012 21:49 - 07 Mar 2012 21:51 #25227 by Reyda
I'd cite a famous english writer by saying "Much ado about nothing".

Man, such a fuss for 35 cards...
As stated by Angel just above, you have problemes like this in every organisation. Does it means you should go public all the time ? usually you go drink a beer with friends and say "life is a little unfair" while peeping at barmaid/barman's buttocks (your preference).

Now Jeff, I understand you. You feel like you've wasted your time (and other people's time), but you should know the risk that doing free work for a minuscule organisation with no money would bring you close to nothing... If there is malfunction in this organisation, i'd rather you chose the "beer routine" rather than making this long post. Is creating those cards so important to you ?

And what if your cards ideas were rejected by most players who would not like the way you designed them ?

Maybe you should avoid a potential disappointment by stopping creating cards with people who use methods you dislike...

I hope everyone can be friends again, but i doubt the damage can be forgotten now.

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
Last edit: 07 Mar 2012 21:51 by Reyda.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Mephistopheles

More
07 Mar 2012 22:20 #25233 by atomweaver

I'd cite a famous english writer by saying "Much ado about nothing".

Man, such a fuss for 35 cards...

Bet you thought such melodrama was just a territory for LARPers, didn't you? :woohoo:

:vtes:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robyn Tatu, extrala, Reyda

More
08 Mar 2012 00:38 #25246 by Haze
the new set is not coming out as expected!

I vote that we all panic!

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds