check Important facts about the first V:EKN set in development

04 Mar 2012 16:46 #24705 by johannes

Still no word from the V:EKN about all this? I guess my hope for having new, interesting playable cards from a player community based demand are all but dashed. Only official word so far is that Jeff is a jerk for violating an NDA and even mentioning anything about a seemingly broken process. Maybe he was right.

I am not sure why you feel that we should have an answer in the drawer for this. Jeff had plenty of lead time to prepare his statement, we need to take equal time to prepare an answer. Even worse, we are not one but a group of people so consensus needs to be reached first. Also in more than 10 years of being a volunteer for VTES I never had to deal with such a situation, never had anyone trusted with anything decided to take it for public blaming.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Forhead, Brum, Mephistopheles, DTA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Mar 2012 19:09 - 04 Mar 2012 19:12 #24738 by Joscha
I don't want to be a bootlicker, don't get me wrong, guys. But I think it is fair to give the accused people enough time to get things clear. I'd rather wait some days more than to read a hasted answer with the possibility to hurt the process of cardmaking or turn things into a flamewar. Those disputes are delicate things which demand a slow hand and caution. Good to know people don't act spiteful.
Just my 2 whatever ;) .

Baron of Frankfurt
Last edit: 04 Mar 2012 19:12 by Joscha.

More
06 Mar 2012 05:25 #24925 by BernieTime
The wanting of answers immediately is an unfortunate side effect of information access given to us by the internet. I applaud the idea of developing new cards for events, but personally think the idea of PDF distribution was a bad idea from concept, and apparently into execution.

If you can't come up with physical media, then there's really no point.

More
06 Mar 2012 07:37 #24960 by Satrapa
It is a mater of reputation and respect to let people know when they can expect the answer. Just give us some deadline when we should expect the answer (chose it even in a way where you have more time than you think you need).
IC is not a monolite (by reason it cannot be). If you agree as a majority over single case you can answer as majority with signaling minority opinion.
Go trough the statement point by point and it should go ok.

More
06 Mar 2012 07:57 #24961 by jhattara

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Satrapa

More
06 Mar 2012 08:19 #24969 by Lönkka

personally think the idea of PDF distribution was a bad idea from concept, and apparently into execution.

Did any of the points Jeff made have anything to do with the didtribution method of the upcoming set?

Stop trolling please.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds