check Important facts about the first V:EKN set in development

08 Mar 2012 18:39 #25332 by Lönkka

Fair enough, I wasn't asked if I'm happy with our NC, but I became a prince after VEKN was launched, so I was late for that.

Actually years ago Finnish princes took a vote and elected me for the part.

If someone wants to replace me, I'd be OK with that.

In Jesper's case the process was somewhat different.
Wasn't it during Paris EC where it was deemed necessary that someone should represent Denmark in the NC meeting and thus Jesper kinda drew the shortest straw and took the burden?

I think it was a good choice!

Finnish :POT: Politics!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
08 Mar 2012 19:23 #25334 by Brum

Ehhh say what?

First, Brum cant you once and for all stop pretending that this is a democracy? As far as to my knowledge there have never been a vote, as far as "our" rules are they are there for life. We have never decided upon a structure, everyone have to the best of my knowledge said they would like that and that position and then have gotten it for life, or until someone with more freinds and power decide otherwise.

Right now Power = admin rights to the forum. Admin rights to the site and ofcouse cards/promo/prize support.

But what makes me even more laugh was the passage about you counceling the IC, I have to ask you where this happens? Becouse its no where I have access to.

Countless times.
This is the Nth time you deny 90% of what happened in the EC meeting in Paris where you were. I don't understand how that's possible.
I voted there. You did too.
In fact, guys like us were there exactly so our countries were represented and had a voice.

For every new IC member we were asked to give our opinion on the candidates.
Yes, we all said ok to Pascal.
We all said ok to Robert.
Unanimous vote is still a vote.
We are all volunteers - if someone wants to work and do a specific task, generally people trust and welcome the effort.
Sometimes it fails:
I volunteered for being the guy doing the list of qualified players for the Continentals. There was no vote because there was only one volunteer.
I'm behind on that and I'm sorry. Looking for a job for months, sickness in family, etc. Life happens.

Point is: I always felt my opinion matters (even though I come from a small country VtES-wise and am one of two players who regularly contact the outside WoD).

Yes, Johannes and Andreas sort the prize support as they wish.
Since we voted for Johannes to be Chairman and Liaison with CCP, I think that's part of the job description, since he got the (special) stuff and needs to sort it out.

We even voted for the main admins of this site. Of course getting new ones is part of their job description.

Things are now much more democratic than ever before.

I have no doubt that Johannes is much closer to Hugh as a friend than with me.
The UK is much greater in VtES numbers than Portugal.
Portugal's prize support for 2010 was in no way inferior to the UK's. I was there in both ECQ's.

I'm sorry for the boring (for some) answer.
But part of the beauty I saw in this game was the way it's community held the sway of events. Already during WW/CCP times.
I don't feel this is an oligarchy at all.

More
08 Mar 2012 20:55 #25339 by johannes

oh, by the way, I thought Panderboy was a fun name but actually I'm Reyda. So expect some low level trolling ...

He is back, the man - the legend - little pander.

More
09 Mar 2012 12:36 - 09 Mar 2012 12:37 #25408 by Reyda

oh, by the way, I thought Panderboy was a fun name but actually I'm Reyda. So expect some low level trolling ...

He is back, the man - the legend - little pander.

Come on, i don't deserve this. ;)

I never took part in the Vekn stuff, because i know i can't be trusted on so many levels. I am lazy, always late...

But hey, like lots of players, i am still enjoying this game thanks to people like johannes, pascal (the list goes on and on) who are still devoting some huge amount of their free time to make the game enjoyable for others. I want to thank them. I want to remind some of you that they are doing this time consuming task for free, so we can all play together.

Ranting about power structure in Vekn is quite stupid.
It's like having free meals all year long in a restaurant and still complaining about the chef's ugly moustache. Beyond my comprehension...

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
Last edit: 09 Mar 2012 12:37 by Reyda.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jhattara, Brum, Lönkka, vragozakas, Vlad, Mael, Poci

More
09 Mar 2012 14:45 #25422 by Ohlmann

It's like having free meals all year long in a restaurant and still complaining about the chef's ugly moustache. Beyond my comprehension...

I bet you never had your meal spoiled by a truly ugly chef's moustache. It make me snape every time.

More
09 Mar 2012 15:56 #25429 by Reyda
A true chef has a moustache. It's in the Cooking guidelines as well as in the 7/7 rulings.

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
The following user(s) said Thank You: jhattara

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds