file PKC seeks to attack the V:EKN

28 Sep 2012 10:43 #37952 by Ohlmann

3. I strongly believe that nobody will sue anybody over anything. This is a fan organization in conflict with other fans developing a fan set, no lawyer with the right mind would give a fuck.

That's the part which is laughably funny, for two reason.

First, PCK do have started legal struggle. Saying they won't do any legal action is already false.

Second, if PCK do hire someone to sue VEKN, they can win - which will definitely destroy VEKN. And consequently, destroy for a long time any hope of VtES revival. It's not all that expensive : I could do it with a base IT job. It's not all that unlikely : trials are not reserved for "important" matter anyway.

Third, Jeff Kuta have already expressed he don't want Johannes to be behind the VtES possible revival. Which is a respectable opinion by itself, less so when some week after that they start legal actions to show they are willing to take the decision to refuse this refusal instead of the community.

5. Ignorance + fear = hatred. Think about this next time before you post (this is to all the hate speech folks). The truth is that we know shit about what's really going on, because it's a "secret", until it becomes convenient not to make it a secret anymore. I'm not posting because I praise what PCK does, I'm posting because I don't like the direction the VEKN is going. At all.

So, it is bad when VEKN do it, and it is good when PCK do it. Because it is not like they have been all that open on what they were doing legal wise, nor that they have been that explicit on what happened to lead to this mess.

From a cool head view, PCK have blackmail element to influence decisions in VEKN now, like adding their set to Dance Macabre or anything like that. And quite conveniently they have not tried to disprove that.

Both have done things I don't like. But PCK have started the scorched earth policy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Sep 2012 11:07 - 28 Sep 2012 11:08 #37960 by dude_PL
@Ohlmann
Jeff stated that it is a potential conflict of interests when someone is a Chairman of the VEKN and represents the publisher at the same time. Please point me to his statement that confirms what you wrote.

As for the legal stuff - I guess we'll have to wait and see then.

Also, please point me to the statement where I said that it's bad when the VEKN is secretive and good when PCK is.

@Johannes

1. Perhaps. I reserved for myself the right for being wrong, I'm going to stand by this. As I said, I don't know the inside story in details. What I do know though is that the hate campaign doesn't help anyone.

2. Call bullshit on whatever you want, it is a statement that implies a verdict in my eyes. The fact that you guys don't like each other is your problem. The fact that you decided to drag the community in it isn't. As Extrala mentioned before, this letter shouldn't even be posted. This whole discussion shouldn't even be here in the first place.

3. An expected answer indeed. I didn't participate because at the time you announced "recruitment" for VEKN I was in the process of starting my new job and I simply didn't have the time for that (it would be extremely hard to combine the responsibilities and the VEKN doesn't need people who say they will do things and don't do them). However, I'd be happy to discuss any form of participation at any time, please contact me in private if you are interested.

4. I know that nobody from the VEKN suggested banning people - some VEKN members did. This part of my post was aimed at those members. Even more - I don't think you or anyone from the IC would ever suggest that, since it would be a death verdict for the community and the organization. I don't suspect you of being suicidal.

5. My wording was unfortunate indeed. The truth is however - I'm not being politically correct here and I will never aim for following the crowd. I believe that opposition and criticism is neccessary in every organization and it can strengthen it in the end. What I mean is that I have close to none influence on the fact if people like me for what I say or not, because I'm saying things that are...let's just say "not popular" here. But I will say them anyway. This was not aimed at insulting the community - this was aimed at people who have nothing to say except insulting others.

ps. I have to leave soon to catch the train, otherwise I'll miss out on tomorrow's NC - just in case you're wondering why I went silent :)
Last edit: 28 Sep 2012 11:08 by dude_PL.

More
28 Sep 2012 11:11 #37962 by Ohlmann

@Ohlmann
Jeff stated that it is a potential conflict of interests when someone is a Chairman of the VEKN and represents the publisher at the same time. Please point me to his statement that confirms what you wrote.

You have paraphrased it. It's a more precise way to say "He don't want Johannes to be behind the VtES revival". I don't tried to say that PCK want to be behind it instead, or that they don't want VtES to be revived, just that they don't want Johannes to be behind that. I even noted that the opinion was not stupid by itself (more because everybody is allowed to its opinion than everything else).

It's just that PCK is not supposed to decide alone whether this opportunity should be taken or not, and he is not supposed to try to destroy VEKN to avoid tjat.

More
28 Sep 2012 11:40 #37968 by acbishop

@Ohlmann

Steve Wieck was VEKN Chairman some years ago, and at that time he was President (or something similar) of White-Wolf. If at that time that wasn't a problem why would be a problem now?

:vtes:

More
28 Sep 2012 11:44 #37969 by Azel
Oh for the love of vitae already. Mira, una buena solución.

My advice:
1. Make sure Danse Macbre does not contain any card (card ideas) from the PCK-made set.
2. Move on.

Muévanse ya, carajo.

None of these pissing matches is going to change me from playing with any of you. Grow up already, it's just a game. Take their stuff out and move on. I don't need to be privy to your private message arguments.

More
28 Sep 2012 11:50 #37972 by johannes

The fact that you decided to drag the community in it isn't. As Extrala mentioned before, this letter shouldn't even be posted. This whole discussion shouldn't even be here in the first place.

The problem is that I just speculate they will take it public at some point, because that has been their repetitive pattern of behaviour. I can then react to that and look bad because people will think the VEKN was trying to hide something. But I prefer to learn from past mistakes and make it clear from the beginning what is happening.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jhattara, er-principe, Damnans, Joscha, brandonsantacruz, Ankha, Erol, ruiza97, Reyda, Ohlmann

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds