file Lilith's Blessing : Propositions for a new text

04 Jun 2013 03:21 #49433 by ReverendRevolver
Anthelios isnt really a problem as much as ashur tablets being able to pick up master cards. I one turn, mmpa decks can play liquidation, use anthelios, and drop a third ashur tablets. That nets 6 pool, lets you tuck 12 cards into your deck, and one to the hand.

As has been quite blatantly stated, ashur tablets is a problem. Its a problem because normal decks use it to small advantage, and thats ok. Butcmmpa decks can EASILY crank through 3-4 liwuidations and use ashurs to optimize thier decks. If every deck could devote 3 turns' master phases to gain 6-18 pool while weeding out unwanted cards from thier deck, we wouldnt be playing vtes.

Ashur tablets needs to soley target minion cards. Just anthelios isnt enough to make girls decks still as strong. If liliths NEEDED changed, and maybe it did, i just lack real proof of it being a bigger problem than something so easily fixed as ashur tablets, then lets get liliths to require the skill card for the blood to be added, and if mmpa decks are still the big scary, we ban liquidation. Which is, by the way, only actually played in decks that arent what we want to bolster anyway.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2013 05:22 - 04 Jun 2013 05:25 #49442 by Jussi
I agree with Suoli with having Lil' Blessing in MMPA decks - it just doesn't pull off that many times to profit. You can have one in your deck to gain blood in the end game - but not for early Villein + Lil' Blessing.

About Girls deck: that deck is strong because of resilience, which is result of ability go gain lots of pool and Aksinya who helps you to cycle some master cards out of your hand. Aksinya is the key vampire in that deck - she comes out first and will find inner peace first.

Also, you need to be a masterful player of people to make Girls deck work.

I don't mean to say that Girls deck isn't powerful - it is. But there were lots of MMPA decks who won tournaments before Ashurs and Liquidation and Girls. Issue with a MMPA deck archetype is same sort of issue than OBF+DOM deck. They both exist, are strong and in tournament environment they are really hard to win with.

!bruj! :CEL: :POT: :PRE: :cap6:
----
Banging trashcans, breaking windows
We'll wake you up tonight

We like the good time, we scream and shout
And that's what fun's about
Last edit: 04 Jun 2013 05:25 by Jussi.

More
04 Jun 2013 09:13 #49449 by Ashur

Also, you need to be a masterful player of people to make Girls deck work.

I don't mean to say that Girls deck isn't powerful - it is. But there were lots of MMPA decks who won tournaments before Ashurs and Liquidation and Girls. Issue with a MMPA deck archetype is same sort of issue than OBF+DOM deck. They both exist, are strong and in tournament environment they are really hard to win with.

Wait a minute now ... If Girls and obf+dom-stealth-bleed are not easy to win with, what decks ARE easy to win with?

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
04 Jun 2013 09:18 #49450 by Ohlmann
He is saying they are hard to play, but powerful when play well, not that they are not powerful. (which is not exactly the case for dom/obf, but that's another story ...)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jussi

More
04 Jun 2013 10:20 #49451 by Jeff Kuta

Would the problem card in that case be Anthelios? Using MPAs simply to gain pool and dump cards into your ash heap doesn't seem like much of a problem.

I tend to think the problem card is one that can be played more than once per game, gives you pool, and helps only you.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
04 Jun 2013 11:31 #49452 by Klaital
Anthelios generally also only helps the person who plays it, since unless you have multiple master phase actions, anthelios is pretty useless.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds