lightbulb Library card redesign

02 Aug 2016 09:05 #77720 by 666Raziel
Replied by 666Raziel on topic Library card redesign

I would like a reduction of redundant information. For example, with "War Ghoul" I don't feel we really need the redundancy of "Requires a Tzimisce, costs 3 pool." I feel that space is better used for "Ghoul with 5 Life, 4 Strength, and 0 Bleed." because that would be Bolded on the the card.

Totally agree on this.

Though I agree with you about cost, we gonna have troubles about requirement.
When it's Clan or Discipline, it's easy because we just have to put the icon at the left of the card text. But what about Sect , title or trait ? I guess we could make icon for everything. I mean, sect icon already exist. We could make an icon that indicates that a vampire is titles ; something large like flight so we can indicate the title below. Same goes for trait. Icon for infernal, anarch, black hand, etc.
But that would make a lot of extra icon. And what about cards that requires "negative trait" (such as Public Enemy for example) ?

Also, there is capacity requirements, though it can be easily dealt with...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Aug 2016 09:47 - 02 Aug 2016 09:55 #77721 by Ke.
Replied by Ke. on topic Library card redesign

I would like a reduction of redundant information. For example, with "War Ghoul" I don't feel we really need the redundancy of "Requires a Tzimisce, costs 3 pool." I feel that space is better used for "Ghoul with 5 Life, 4 Strength, and 0 Bleed." because that would be Bolded on the the card.

Totally agree on this.

This is not practical for the same reasons that icons for life and bleed are not practical — these values can vary depending on discipline. The other factor is establishing consistent rules that apply to all 3700+ cards.
Last edit: 02 Aug 2016 09:55 by Ke..
The following user(s) said Thank You: MarcusVitel

More
02 Aug 2016 11:40 #77723 by self biased
Replied by self biased on topic Library card redesign
i'm not sure I follow you on this. Are you saying that it's not feasible because some cards don't have conditional text, or because with certain allies or retainers the actual values of life/strength/bleed can changed based on the discipline used to put them into play, like Raven Spy?

More
02 Aug 2016 12:03 #77724 by MarcusVitel
Replied by MarcusVitel on topic Library card redesign
These look great. Is it possible to use the same sans-serif font for the pool cost?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ke.

More
02 Aug 2016 12:40 - 02 Aug 2016 12:40 #77725 by Ke.
Replied by Ke. on topic Library card redesign

i'm not sure I follow you on this. Are you saying that it's not feasible because some cards don't have conditional text, or because with certain allies or retainers the actual values of life/strength/bleed can changed based on the discipline used to put them into play, like Raven Spy?

I'm saying that as you can't do the same for all allies; you shouldn't do so at all — it needs to be consistent. Take shambling hordes:

Zombie with 3 life. 0 strength, 0 bleed.
[nec] When Shambling Hordes enters play, remove an ally or vampire in your ash heap from the game or burn the Hordes. The Hordes gets +1 strength for each life counter it has. It can never gain life; any life it gains goes to the blood bank instead. The Hordes can enter combat with any minion as a (D) action.
[NEC] As above, with 4 life.

Would they have a strength and life of 3 or 4 in terms of the icons?

It's unnecessary complexity, best avoided and left to card text.
Last edit: 02 Aug 2016 12:40 by Ke..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981, MarcusVitel

More
02 Aug 2016 15:51 #77730 by self biased
Replied by self biased on topic Library card redesign

I'm saying that as you can't do the same for all allies; you shouldn't do so at all — it needs to be consistent. Take shambling hordes:

Zombie with 3 life. 0 strength, 0 bleed.
[nec] When Shambling Hordes enters play, remove an ally or vampire in your ash heap from the game or burn the Hordes. The Hordes gets +1 strength for each life counter it has. It can never gain life; any life it gains goes to the blood bank instead. The Hordes can enter combat with any minion as a (D) action.
[NEC] As above, with 4 life.

Would they have a strength and life of 3 or 4 in terms of the icons?

It's unnecessary complexity, best avoided and left to card text.

i am in no way suggesting that the atrocious icons I designed for life/str/bleed be used.

I have more, but I'll wait until I'm not on mobile.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds