lightbulb Library card redesign

03 Sep 2016 17:29 - 03 Sep 2016 17:30 #78124 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Library card redesign

I had some time last night to explore an idea. I'll throw in more in a few days, but right now i've got a house full of nerds to entertain. treat this as a super rough sketch.

I like this version too, even though I'd like more space between each block of text. Using a drop per blood cost (here: costs 2 blood) doesn't work with X costs. I don't think it's clearer than writing down a number into the drop (especially when dealing with drunk players :))

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 03 Sep 2016 17:30 by Ankha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Sep 2016 21:20 #78128 by Ke.
Replied by Ke. on topic Library card redesign

I had some time last night to explore an idea. I'll throw in more in a few days, but right now i've got a house full of nerds to entertain. treat this as a super rough sketch.

It's effectively the same as "Alt 3" in the previous posted layouts and Ankha's design on his blog:

However you've severely cropped and distorted the artwork — I doubt artists would be happy with this given the resistance to background generation.

That's disregarding the clarity and readability of the text:

Obviously one of the above is clearer, much easier to understand and read.

More
04 Sep 2016 05:19 #78129 by Boris The Blade
How about moving the art credit above the card text, e.g. in the lower corner of the art itself? It seems to me that the footnote wastes too much space that would be better used by text.

More
04 Sep 2016 09:00 #78131 by 666Raziel
Replied by 666Raziel on topic Library card redesign

Obviously one of the above is clearer, much easier to understand and read.

I 100% agree with you.

Besides, on a larger scale, I think your layout is more in "VTES spirit", while self biased' looks too much like The Spoils template for my taste.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech

More
04 Sep 2016 18:25 #78135 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Library card redesign

How about moving the art credit above the card text, e.g. in the lower corner of the art itself? It seems to me that the footnote wastes too much space that would be better used by text.

Yep, would fix generated artwork woes and would look way cleaner.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
04 Sep 2016 20:38 #78136 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Library card redesign

Yep, would fix generated artwork woes and would look way cleaner.

You can never know whether the background at that location will be light or dark. That means that you must write the name with an outline, and I think it will look pretty distracting.

The space gained by moving the artist name would be very small anyway, and you must write the legal stuff somewhere.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds