lightbulb Crypt card redesign

09 Sep 2016 22:05 #78202 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Crypt card redesign

1/ If there isn't any cardtext and only flavor text, players are misguided in thinking the vampire has some special text.

It's a lie. If you are using different italized font for FT nobody will confuse it with rules text.

I mean when you see the card from the other side of the table.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Sep 2016 23:11 #78203 by Ke.
Replied by Ke. on topic Crypt card redesign

You are not making cards for yourself.

Correct. However my opinion is just as valid as everyone elses.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
09 Sep 2016 23:18 #78204 by Ke.
Replied by Ke. on topic Crypt card redesign

I mean when you see the card from the other side of the table.

Yes, looking cross table and seeing a vampire with a wall of text is likely to raise questions: "What does he do again?", "Oh nothing. it's just a wall of flavour text".

It's not like something is being removed here; Vampires have never had flavour text, Why introduce it? It increase workload by requiring someone to edit and source flavour text for 300+ vampires and adds noise to an already complex game.

It makes a lot sense that a vampire with a "special" looks different to a generic vampire. There's something different about them; this is a indirect way of highlighting that difference.

More
10 Sep 2016 20:35 - 10 Sep 2016 20:36 #78210 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Crypt card redesign

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:
Last edit: 10 Sep 2016 20:36 by elotar.

More
10 Sep 2016 20:49 - 10 Sep 2016 20:50 #78211 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Crypt card redesign

Why introduce it?

Because it's cool. It's the only reason to do anything and it trumps any objections (God save me from discussions of cross table apperance of vampire with a text, when really even picture is not clearly recognized under pile of blood counters).

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:
Last edit: 10 Sep 2016 20:50 by elotar.

More
11 Sep 2016 07:03 #78214 by GreyB
Replied by GreyB on topic Crypt card redesign

You (and your friends that that agree with you) do not represent "large number of people" either. And it is plain wrong to push your opinion by claiming that you are the spokesperson for a big majority.

Here are several of my "friends" (using mtg as example):

14400 results in mtg savlation forums: www.google.ru/search?q=mtg+flavour+text+site:www.mtgsalvation.com&newwindow=1&biw=1152&bih=529&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjA7Pnmz4XPAhWJliwKHV2SAXMQrQIISygEMAo

13200 results on reddit:
www.google.ru/search?q=mtg+flavour+text+site:www.mtgsalvation.com&newwindow=1&biw=1152&bih=529&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjA7Pnmz4XPAhWJliwKHV2SAXMQrQIISygEMAo#newwindow=1&q=mtg+flavour+text+site:www.reddit.com

Site dedicated just to flavour text:
magicalflavor.tumblr.com/

celjaded: www.celjaded.com/top-20-magic-the-gathering-flavour-text/

967 from youtube:
www.google.ru/search?q=mtg+flavour+text+site:www.mtgsalvation.com&newwindow=1&biw=1152&bih=529&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjA7Pnmz4XPAhWJliwKHV2SAXMQrQIISygEMAo#newwindow=1&q=mtg+flavour+text+site:www.youtube.com

OK, and 383 000 from google:
www.google.ru/search?q=mtg+flavour+text&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=Q2nUV-uWIsipsgGxkIIo#newwindow=1&q=mtg+flavour+text+

It's kind of pointless to have discussion when one side desided to ignore reality.

Interesting... However VTES has been around nearly as long as MtG and there are no sites dedicated to flavour text nor is the contents and context of flavour text discussed anywhere. Possibly because VTES already has a rich theme setting in WoD and there's plenty of actual source material to read.

To me your "evidence" clearly tells me that VTES players don't care about flavour text, otherwise we should see equivalent sites and forum threads dedicated to flavour text.

:garg: :VIS: :POT: :FOR: :flight: -1 Strength

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds