lightbulb Crypt card redesign

11 Sep 2016 07:21 #78215 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Crypt card redesign

Interesting... However VTES has been around nearly as long as MtG and there are no sites dedicated to flavour text nor is the contents and context of flavour text discussed anywhere. Possibly because VTES already has a rich theme setting in WoD and there's plenty of actual source material to read.

To me your "evidence" clearly tells me that VTES players don't care about flavour text, otherwise we should see equivalent sites and forum threads dedicated to flavour text.

Am, maybe because there are no flavour text on most of the cards, as well as completely terrible on those where there is.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Sep 2016 14:14 - 11 Sep 2016 14:18 #78219 by self biased
Replied by self biased on topic Crypt card redesign

Am, maybe because there are no flavour text on most of the cards, as well as completely terrible on those where there is. [citation needed]

for what it's worth, I think that GreyB has a convincing point: Flavor text might not be as important to Vtes players as it is with Magic players owing to the volumes and volumes of background material.

While I always appreciate enthusiasm, I sometimes have a hard time wrapping my head around some of the assertions you make.

edit: Also, Ke, in the Gangrel Antitribu vamp you posted a few pages back, the Clan Icon looks... not okay still.
Last edit: 11 Sep 2016 14:18 by self biased.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
11 Sep 2016 22:15 #78221 by Ke.
Replied by Ke. on topic Crypt card redesign

Also, Ke, in the Gangrel Antitribu vamp you posted a few pages back, the Clan Icon looks... not okay still.

Yep; I still need to apply the icons you created — is on the agenda.

Just taking a break from this for a bit now.

More
12 Sep 2016 10:29 #78227 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Crypt card redesign

While I always appreciate enthusiasm, I sometimes have a hard time wrapping my head around some of the assertions you make.[/i]

I'm not making any assertions. I'm showing how "the question" is executed by most popular ccg of all time in which every smallest aspect of design are deeply analized.

Unfounded assertions is the way "other side" is having discussion.

By the way, if everibody have forgotten, the topic of flavour text was raised because Ke was having empty boxes, so he started to feel them with illogical positioning of sect name and duplicating clan icon with written clan name.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
12 Sep 2016 11:02 #78228 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Crypt card redesign

every smallest aspect of design are deeply analized..

*titter*
Indeed...

Best reason for not to do this is the sheer amount of time needed for looking up, editing, typing and inserting the quotes. Easy for you to demand them if Someone Else TM is expected to do the actual hard labor...

Second best reason not to include them was presented by Ankha, mass of text from other end of the table looks as if there are some special abilities which would just slow the game down.

So keep on analizing buddy!

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
12 Sep 2016 18:09 - 12 Sep 2016 18:51 #78229 by alek
Replied by alek on topic Crypt card redesign

By the way, if everibody have forgotten, the topic of flavour text was raised because Ke was having empty boxes, so he started to feel them with illogical positioning of sect name and duplicating clan icon with written clan name.

Maybe the best way to deal with empty boxes is to leave them ...empty
Probably nothing says "no special abilities" as clearly as empty box.
Another solution is to stay with one box and just bold some info as it's in current crypt cards. This will leave more space for picture.
Last edit: 12 Sep 2016 18:51 by alek.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds