exclamation-circle A SAD TIME FOR VTES PLAYERS IN BRAZIL

31 May 2018 17:47 #87792 by Lönkka

Not too fast.

Yeah. Let's all twiddle our thumbs and pretend nothing has happened and no problem has been brought into light.
Let's give the accused party extended free reign of abusing power!

There is clearly a communication issue with the Brazilian players: many of them don't speak English and therefore don't come on the international forum.

Indeed so.
But some of them have come and all (except the wife) clearly think the guy is THE problem.

He needs to go.
The sooner the better for VEKN and for brazilian VTES community.

VEKN needs to clearly show that such allegations are taken with utmost seriousness.
I'd be inclined to say that he needs to be suspended from his position of IC member and Prince ASAP while the rest of the Inner Circle investigate the situation.

Isn't suspension a standard procedure in such cases? Very serious allegations -> temporary suspension while the investigation is in process. This also shows that something is being done.

If deemed guilty the the suspension can be followed by removing the titles (& VEKN membership) permanently. If, for some reason, he is deemed pure as driven snow, then he can be reinstated to his position(s).

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: KzArashi, Ke., Sambomb, Ezra, DanielScooby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
01 Jun 2018 14:35 #87818 by skimflux

Not too fast.

Yeah. Let's all twiddle our thumbs and pretend nothing has happened and no problem has been brought into light.
Let's give the accused party extended free reign of abusing power!

There is clearly a communication issue with the Brazilian players: many of them don't speak English and therefore don't come on the international forum.

Indeed so.
But some of them have come and all (except the wife) clearly think the guy is THE problem.

He needs to go.
The sooner the better for VEKN and for brazilian VTES community.

VEKN needs to clearly show that such allegations are taken with utmost seriousness.
I'd be inclined to say that he needs to be suspended from his position of IC member and Prince ASAP while the rest of the Inner Circle investigate the situation.

Isn't suspension a standard procedure in such cases? Very serious allegations -> temporary suspension while the investigation is in process. This also shows that something is being done.

If deemed guilty the the suspension can be followed by removing the titles (& VEKN membership) permanently. If, for some reason, he is deemed pure as driven snow, then he can be reinstated to his position(s).

I think one of the issues is that VEKN does not have a 'standard procedure' for these cases, and mostly does not even have clear guidelines on what is or isn't acceptable behaviour by Princes and NCs - that's something we should actually work on.

So even if you suspend him and start an investigation, what are you going to find him guilty of?
Certainly some of the behaviour described should be reprimended, OTOH some of the accusations are just silly - eg: pushing a last-minute vote for hosting a tournament being described as 'sordid maneuvering'?? That's nothing compared to most VtES games...

Remember Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

What I've read on this thread actually points more to personal clashes than actual misbehaviour - both sides seem equally at fault to be honest. I do agree that given Desso's inability to properly handle those clashes he should probably step down from any role at the NC or IC level, but I don't believe (based on the evidence presented) that he was ever as bad as most of these posts are making him out to be.

I predict that making this about 'one bad guy' will probably just serve to placate some players and aggravate others, and will do little to fix the state of VtES in Brazil in the long run.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sherlock Dilbert

More
01 Jun 2018 15:34 #87820 by self biased

[l
I think one of the issues is that VEKN does not have a 'standard procedure' for these cases, and mostly does not even have clear guidelines on what is or isn't acceptable behaviour by Princes and NCs - that's something we should actually work on.

yeah. I'm surprised there isn't a code of conduct or community standards in place, as well as some kind of grievance process with how to escalate communication.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KzArashi, Sherlock Dilbert

More
01 Jun 2018 17:15 #87822 by Sambomb
Some things might look silly, but if you look the greater picture you will see that his actions have damaged the community integrity.

Archbishop of Itaocara
Prince ID #510
The following user(s) said Thank You: KzArashi

More
02 Jun 2018 12:36 #87846 by Damnans
V:EKN is currently investigating the Brazilian situation and, at the same time, we are developing a code of conduct for V:EKN volunteers.

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Zammael, D-dennis, KzArashi, hardyrange, Joscha, Charles_Bronson, ffiuza, ur_vampire, Kraus, Malachy, ruiza97, ReverendRevolver, Khalid1988, ita_jr, self biased, Ke., livikota, Zoroh, Sambomb and 5 other people also said thanks.

More
11 Jun 2018 12:19 #88098 by dragos_br
Hello Everyone, my name is Daniel Martinez and I am (or was) one of the first VTES players in São Paulo, back in 1995. This is my first post here (I just created an account) , I have been following the latest developments from the shadows.

I was a strong VTES supporter, both through tournament organization as well as owner of one of the largest VTES sites in Brazil around 2000 till I quit VTES. Some people in Brazil might remember me by my nick Dragos.

I quit VTES in 2009 and one of the main reasons was the moral harassment made by this gentleman which I refuse to type the name. It was difficult to run anything without being subjected to criticism and offenses.

At the time I thought it was personal but today I see it was not. As others said, it was all about money and ego. I can attest that I know exactly what others are talking about here, it's hard to explain, its just sordid. A truly two faced disgusting person.

Just my two cents

Daniel Martinez aka Dragos
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum, KzArashi, Charles_Bronson, ita_jr, Sambomb

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds