file As predicted by somebody (lol) shit hit the fan again

27 Nov 2018 08:29 #92038 by Lönkka

self biased wrote: doing away with the antitribu clans would make the game much easier to distribute. Clan packs, and then politics packs.

I've been thinking about expansion packs for the upcoming Starters.

You know, these would contain more vampires for the Starter ( = most likely clan) and especially some discipline cards. With these one could rebuild the Starter to make a totally different kind of deck; say, it used to be Presence tap and bleed but now it it politics deck. And because of the discipline cards (well, non-Vampire cards) these would most likely be rather useful for all kinds of other decks too.

These would easily be stocked by stores ( = not too many SKUs) and would work as kinda replacement for boosters. Sorta cross between the big and small expansions of FFG's Living Card Games if you will.

A very easy way to reintroduce a lot of core cards to the game.

Four Starters, four Starter Expansions. If more different Starters will be printed in the future keep on doing this and you'll soon have core set's worth of cards easily available. If new Starters are sow to arrive, make another four new Starter Expansions for the same "old" Starters.

self biased wrote: and honestly, is there a driving need in the game to have praxis seizure and Crusade cards? couldn't these also be consolidated?[/i]

How do you propose getting Prince/Archbishop titles for Vampires who do not yet posses such titles?

Yeah, the situation is a lot different with these as it was back in ´95 but I hardly consider this a problem let alone pressing need. :)

NC, Finland
Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vlad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Lönkka
  • Lönkka's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
27 Nov 2018 13:15 - 27 Nov 2018 13:36 #92042 by jamesatzephyr

Lönkka wrote:

self biased wrote: and honestly, is there a driving need in the game to have praxis seizure and Crusade cards? couldn't these also be consolidated?

How do you propose getting Prince/Archbishop titles for Vampires who do not yet posses such titles


Consolidated doesn't mean eliminated.
Crusade-y/Praxis-y: Leiper's Fork
Political Action
Title
Successful referendum means the acting Camarilla vampire becomes the Prince of Leiper's Fork or the acting Sabbat vampire becomes the Archbishop of Leiper's Fork. Put this card on the acting vampire to represent that title.
Last edit: 27 Nov 2018 13:36 by jamesatzephyr.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2018 07:59 #92065 by elotar
All this nonsense with countless different titles should be removed.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:
The following user(s) said Thank You: LivesByProxy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2018 08:48 #92070 by Lönkka

jamesatzephyr wrote:

Lönkka wrote:

self biased wrote: and honestly, is there a driving need in the game to have praxis seizure and Crusade cards? couldn't these also be consolidated?

How do you propose getting Prince/Archbishop titles for Vampires who do not yet posses such titles


Consolidated doesn't mean eliminated.
Crusade-y/Praxis-y: Leiper's Fork
Political Action
Title
Successful referendum means the acting Camarilla vampire becomes the Prince of Leiper's Fork or the acting Sabbat vampire becomes the Archbishop of Leiper's Fork. Put this card on the acting vampire to represent that title.


Of course.
I just leafed through too quickly... :/

Thanks for pointing it out!

Could work.
Downside is that this would make some of the all star weenie voter decks stronger as you wouldn't need to optimize the ratio between Praxes Seizures and Crusades (or choose between cam & sab Crypts). Not sure if making it easier for voter weeneies is what we really want... :/

NC, Finland
Finnish :POT: Politics!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Lönkka
  • Lönkka's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
28 Nov 2018 16:44 #92101 by self biased

Lönkka wrote: Could work.
Downside is that this would make some of the all star weenie voter decks stronger as you wouldn't need to optimize the ratio between Praxes Seizures and Crusades (or choose between cam & sab Crypts). Not sure if making it easier for voter weeneies is what we really want... :/


To what degree is that Actually A Thing, though? Specifically the bit about having to choose between cam and sabbat crypts and/or balancing Praxis Seizures and Crusades in the same deck? There sometimes exist certain problems that seem like a huge deal on paper, but in effect end up not being a problem due to table politics.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2018 17:00 #92103 by ICL
If concerned about giving titles to weenies, just put a capacity restriction of 5+ on the card.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum