file As predicted by somebody (lol) shit hit the fan again

18 Nov 2018 12:47 #91865 by hardyrange
Thanks for sharing this, Ben!

I am of course sceptical/cautious about some of the possible major changes/retcons that might arise out of this, especially when it comes to decisions that might affect playability/legality of older cards...

...but reading through your list of questions, I do trust that you have exactly the same concerns. :-)

"It was a perfect plan - until it had contact with reality"
---
Hardy Range
Playgroup Council Chairman Bochum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Nov 2018 14:54 #91866 by Lech
Looks like default sect rule is in trouble now.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
18 Nov 2018 16:29 #91868 by jamesatzephyr

- What is the proper way to represent the Banu Haqim and The Ministry in V:TES? This includes what to do about Quietus and Serpentis.

- If Obtenebration and Necromancy are merging with each other into a new discipline called Oblivion (in the upcoming Chicago By Night book), what does that mean for the Lasombra and Giovanni in V:TES? Should both have Potence, Dominate, and Oblivion as in-clan disciplines?

Just focusing on the discipline issues, have conversations been had already about the development of Dementation in the future and - by extension - the Malkavians?

(Since the Dem/Dom issue was evident in the V5 core book, rather than the newer issues surfacing with new/upcoming products.)

More
18 Nov 2018 17:06 #91869 by Ankha

Indeed, it is more and more complicated to maintain that rule.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
18 Nov 2018 20:41 #91871 by TwoRazorReign

I really hope VTES just ignores V5 for the time being until things get straightened out.

Given that we're a licensed partner, we're not in a position to simply ignore V5.

Ignore wasn't the right word. I meant just wait for now. Because of stuff like this:

Indeed, it is more and more complicated to maintain that rule.

Anarch has already been changed to a formal sect. In my opinion, this was a hasty decision, but it's one that may prove to not present any problems, unlike the potential change in the quoted post above. But, given that the owners of the source material really don't have their stuff together, is now the best time to be incorporating stuff into VTES? I understand everyone is super eager to make VTES awesome and current, but isn't it best to just wait things out for now?

As for what the changes in V5 mean for V:TES, we're still sorting that out with White Wolf. Questions I have for White Wolf include: [really great questions]

I mean, I really don't see any good answers to those question other than what's obvious right now: either wait and see if certain things in V5 can be incorporated into VTES without messing up what's already established (for example, incorporating some Banu Haqim as Camarilla Assamites and some Oblivion powers as Obtenebration/Necromancy cards), or create Jyhad 2.0 based on V5, with all the new terminology.

I'm sure people will have a good plan to move forward. I'm just not sure I can see it yet. Then again, this is why I am not in the hobby games business.

More
18 Nov 2018 22:27 #91875 by jamesatzephyr

and see if certain things in V5 can be incorporated into VTES without messing up what's already established (for example, incorporating some Banu Haqim as Camarilla Assamites and some Oblivion powers as Obtenebration/Necromancy cards)

On Oblivion, it seems like a semi-decent compromise might be to have later groups of Lasombra and Giovanni having the other discipline as a common extra discipline. Plus potentially some dual-discipline cards. Plus some extra Oblivion fluff in the shape of masters or events or vampire specials or something. Perhaps an event that has a flavour of something like Treaty of Laibach, in terms of helping cross-over a little, though hopefully less terrible - perhaps boosting the cross-over rather than creating it, because cards that you only want to play once but which enable the whole strategy are inherently problematic.

More tricky with the bloodlines with Necromancy. Particularly Samedi, who would be getting up to 4-5 'clan' disciplines. The others - Harbingers and Kiasyd in particular - could probably handle having a little of the other discipline splashed into them more easily.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds