file New set in 2012

14 Dec 2011 15:32 #18393 by Jelsky
Replied by Jelsky on topic Re: New set in 2012
And so another dutch guy can't help but reacting. Because the dutch identity is being challenged/defined? I don't know. Normally I don't really care about these things. Maybe it's because my ancestors came from very different places. Also, when I say stuff I tend to be very vague and circumspect. Because I try very hard to please everyone. This can be hard at times. I can only speak for myself, and maybe some people of my playgroup:

This is the first message I post at this forum, I do more at the dutch forum. I have been lurking here for same time, but this being international, big and with many new people (for me), I hesitate to post. I would like for vtes to continue forever, for eternity. I would love for that to be with 'real' cards. However, if enthousiastic people do their best to create some solution that hopefully won't be the end of vtes, I can only applaud that. Having said that, I think that the point about communication is a valid one. So I'm excited to see the "State of the VEKN" letter, and maybe a sneak-peak at the new set? Maybe I am by then drawn in to the discussion on this forum, and getting 'in the middle of things right here', or maybe I will run back to the dutch forum, and my wonderful NC (he truly is ;) ) will post the big news there.

Keep up the good work, everyone! Even if it means shouting emotional stuff at each other over the internets..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Dec 2011 18:21 #18418 by talonz
Replied by talonz on topic Re: New set in 2012

Sorry for being a smart ass, but may I the suggest you dig out the trizillions threads already been on the topic, explaining what we can and cant do?

By all means point me to one.

That you take a v:ekn based set and just throw it around as a "fan produced set"

What else would you call it? VEKN is quite explicity the player based organization. What are vtes players if not fans of the game? If that organization of fans is going to make their own card expansion now..... And dont kid yourself thinking I will be the only one to make this connection, thats the whole point....this expansion will be seen by the average player as just that, a fan based expansion, along with the stigma that comes with it.

kinda shows your view on vekn, or missing what vekn is.

You assume too much, and arrive at an illogical conclusion.

Im also kinda offended that you take your nation and your views and throw them around as thats the way it is everywhere.

Strawman (other than the above average player comment really).

And as Iv stated once before, and gladly do it again. NO ONE is forcing you to play by vekn rules. Thats only if your interested in vekn tournement (which you seems like you arent, since you dont even seems to care about what vekn is).

Another mistaken assumption. Had you read my posts fully you would have seen my statement that I go to the pacnorwest qualifier almost every year for instance.

More
14 Dec 2011 18:35 - 14 Dec 2011 18:35 #18421 by talonz
Replied by talonz on topic Re: New set in 2012

The game will not be deluded by the new set. It will generate interest and the cards will be free and open to all.
It is necessary to be in .pdf / html format.
Besides the physical format, everything is like before for you guys,

The game will be diluted, because it wont be a ccg anymore, nor will it be in any recognizable format. Any interest will be limited to those that know about it *and* want fanbased, unliscenced pdf cards. It will not generally be 'open to all' because visibility is limited to the vekn site.

Most importantly it will split the playerbase into those that will use them and those that will not (either due to not recognizing the validity of fanbased cards or the vekn, or not wanting to be forced to use cardsleeves, or both).

And thus my fear is that this could very well be how the game dies utterly.
Last edit: 14 Dec 2011 18:35 by talonz.

More
14 Dec 2011 18:44 #18425 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: New set in 2012

And thus my fear is that this could very well be how the game dies utterly.

But not doing anything will kill the game utterly. So, I think the risk should be taken.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, extrala, Kushiel, Vlad

More
14 Dec 2011 19:50 #18445 by bakija
Replied by bakija on topic Re: New set in 2012

The game will be diluted, because it wont be a ccg anymore, nor will it be in any recognizable format. Any interest will be limited to those that know about it *and* want fanbased, unliscenced pdf cards. It will not generally be 'open to all' because visibility is limited to the vekn site.

I completely sympathize with these points. I do, however, also know that other CCGs (ST:TNG, Rage, Buffy?) followed the same path after they were killed off. And may or may not have survived the efforts. Anyone know what happened with these games doing the same kinda thing?

More
14 Dec 2011 19:55 #18446 by Kushiel
Replied by Kushiel on topic Re: New set in 2012

I completely sympathize with these points. I do, however, also know that other CCGs (ST:TNG, Rage, Buffy?) followed the same path after they were killed off. And may or may not have survived the efforts. Anyone know what happened with these games doing the same kinda thing?

Pretty sure Rage is still going. If it's not now, it was certainly still going for quite a long time after it ceased official production.

Isn't Shadowfist another "officially dead, still being produced on the sly" CCG that's still active?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds