file New set in 2012

14 Dec 2011 19:59 #18447 by Kushiel
Replied by Kushiel on topic Re: New set in 2012

What else would you call it? VEKN is quite explicity the player based organization. What are vtes players if not fans of the game? If that organization of fans is going to make their own card expansion now..... And dont kid yourself thinking I will be the only one to make this connection, thats the whole point....this expansion will be seen by the average player as just that, a fan based expansion, along with the stigma that comes with it.

I'm trying to see this from your point of view here, and having a tough time. To that end, what do you imagine that the process of creating a new set was, back when WW was doing it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Dec 2011 20:47 #18467 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: New set in 2012

Most importantly it will split the playerbase into those that will use them and those that will not (either due to not recognizing the validity of fanbased cards or the vekn, or not wanting to be forced to use cardsleeves, or both).

Those players who will not recognize the PDF set as valid will not be able to act as tournament organizers or judges in any offical VTES tournament going forward. If those players still refuse to acknowledge the legitimacy of the PDF set, they won't be able to play in any official VTES tournaments, either.

If those players choose to segregate themselves due to their beliefs, they themselves will be responsible for the "split", and while the community will (possibly) mourn their loss, the community is not responsible for the refusal of some of its members to accept that the only constant is change.

And thus my fear is that this could very well be how the game dies utterly.

I think that it is important to state that for those who choose self-segregation because their preferences, having been debated in an open community format, were not accepted, they will have killed the game for themselves only. The rest of us will continue, and we will welcome such players back with open arms if such players choose to return.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum, Kushiel, Vlad

More
14 Dec 2011 20:57 #18475 by Jeff Kuta
Replied by Jeff Kuta on topic Re: New set in 2012

Those players who will not recognize the PDF set as valid will not be able to act as tournament organizers or judges in any offical VTES tournament going forward. If those players still refuse to acknowledge the legitimacy of the PDF set, they won't be able to play in any official VTES tournaments, either.

Just a nitpick. Players and organizers who "refuse to acknowledge the legitimacy of the PDF set" can still organize and play in VEKN sanctioned tournaments. It's just that those tournaments will not count for ranking, nor will any of them provide invitations to national or continental events.

I agree with everything else. Well said.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
14 Dec 2011 22:39 #18500 by bakija
Replied by bakija on topic Re: New set in 2012

Isn't Shadowfist another "officially dead, still being produced on the sly" CCG that's still active?

It was still being published as an actual CCG through last year. We were working on a new set (i.e. playtesting and planning for) that was going to be printed like normal until very recently, and now the PTB decided that they will invent a new distribution plan, and now they are kind of in limbo.

More
15 Dec 2011 06:56 #18519 by johannes
Replied by johannes on topic Re: New set in 2012

That is what the V:EKN does, actually. Every NC should repost what he deems important from here to his local forum. Every prince should be here and keep track and report back to his local playerbase. Not all of them do, but most. I have always assumed that this is a good enough way to distribute information to as many players as possible.

Again, you are in denial. I dont know who our NC is. The national forum I knew of was always dead when I was a prince. There are no active princes in bc right now. VEKN has 0 visibility whatsoever from what I can see, but for the 1 player besides myself that alerted me to this 'new set'.

Let me put it this way: I know it works for the most countries that have a significant number of active V:TES players. It is sad to hear that it doesn't work for Canada (if I figured correctly your nation). But that is certainly not the fault of the VEKN but of the Canadian players. Go ahead gather your princes and agree on a NC. He can try to organize a national forum and make the right moves to keep people interested into VTES in Canada. If I check the player registry which has quite old data from the glorious days of white wolf I see 5 people with ANY rating at all. That means Canada has been giving a shit about VEKN sanctioned tournaments for years. So why do you go nuts about new cards that only affect VEKN sanctioned tournaments when you apparently are not interested in them at all?

I find it interesting talonz how you are still posting here but did not reply at all to this post I made where I adressed you directly. Maybe you overlooked it so I am pointing it out to you again. Why are the Canadians who failed to make an impact on the V:EKN at all during recent years suddenly so concerned about the V:EKN?

More
15 Dec 2011 16:38 #18559 by talonz
Replied by talonz on topic Re: New set in 2012

I'm trying to see this from your point of view here, and having a tough time. To that end, what do you imagine that the process of creating a new set was, back when WW was doing it?

Its kind of pointless for me to speculate, so lets get to the point. You are implying that the process largely hasnt changed?

To alay my fears (in part) I would rather know;

-who the design team is (why is this kept secret anyways??)
-what their qualifications and experience is (its very common for designers to introduce themselves, explain their experience and view on the game and what they bring to the table, etc. why not do that here?)
-what the current design process is and how that differs if at all from the process under WW.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds