file New set in 2012

09 Feb 2012 16:09 #22611 by Izaak
Replied by Izaak on topic Re: New set in 2012

To be crystal clear on this, there are no such "statements leaving
room for interpretation"

Tournament rules have been already changed accordingly for the future pdf set since last 02 december, with an official update annoucement

Tournament rules on that are updated since then, accordingly

When using V:EKN issued cards they must be color printed on standard paper and inserted into opaque sleeves before another Vampire: The Eternal Struggle or Jyhad card

A rule being written somewhere doesn't make it a good rule.

DQing people from tournaments because they have good "proxies" instead of marked ones is nonsensical and poisonous for the game.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2012 16:36 - 09 Feb 2012 16:42 #22613 by er-principe
Replied by er-principe on topic Re: New set in 2012

Point of the answer was not about the "good / bad" judgement on the rule given
Was about the "statements leaving room for interpretation", that
is: there are no statement leaving room for interpretation

There has been an official annoucement and therefore an official tournament rules update on the official website (this one)
Not "somewhere"

DQing people from tournaments because they have good "proxies" instead of marked ones is nonsensical and poisonous for the game.

Other people already asked you to be smart and to try to understand
the simple question on this
It's really up to you to try to understand then

But please bear in mind that every people on the IC, RT and the DT
is doing everything for the sake of the game and to keep the chanche
of having it published again in the future
Rule on printing the pdf set was made accordingly
Take it as a necessary evil, if the case

Emiliano
vekn.net administrators staff
Last edit: 09 Feb 2012 16:42 by er-principe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum, Lönkka

More
09 Feb 2012 16:37 - 09 Feb 2012 16:53 #22614 by Brum
Replied by Brum on topic Re: New set in 2012

It has been explained here that what you propose is harmful for the game.
I would then consider your option worse than the one in the rules.
You might disagree and have every right to.

What I think is disrespectful is:
-That you express yourself in this matter.
-The fact that it has been explained that what you suggest is illegal and can bring legal action against VEKN. Yet, you still claim that enforcing IP law is "nonsensical and poisonous for the game".

I have no doubt you love that game as much as most of us.
I just think there's a problem with your logic and the way you express yourself in this matter.
Last edit: 09 Feb 2012 16:53 by Brum.

More
09 Feb 2012 17:06 - 09 Feb 2012 17:20 #22615 by Izaak
Replied by Izaak on topic Re: New set in 2012

It has been explained here that what you propose is harmful for the game.

No it is not. Not any more harmful than making PDF sets available as "legal expansions".

The fact that it has been explained that what you suggest is illegal and can bring legal action against VEKN.

No it is not. Because it is for my personal use. Which is, by international law, not illegal.

I just think there's a problem with your logic and the way you express yourself in this matter

The problem with the logic is not on my side. It is one the side of VEKN that is making arbitrary decisions because they believe their fantasy future publisher gives a fuck. If he exists, he will not. Because proper proxies or not, anything VEKN related -even if it's engraved in gold- will go out of the window *anyway*.

Therefore, the "new publisher" argument is flawed, leaving us with the e-bay argument, which as I pointed out earlier *also* flawed. That leaves us with zero reasons to have a restrictive and nonsensical rule in place other than the VEKN being thickheaded about the wording.

Other people already asked you to be smart

Smart, in this case, would be me to just ignore the silly ruling, print my cards and play with them and slap (figuratively speaking) the judge who bothers to check and DQ me in the face and let him re-do the table arrangements as I take my leave and never return to any tournaments of that particular organizer.

Smart would be the VEKN rewrite a silly rule to be less restrictive and allow people to play the game the way they want with the only binding factor being the rules of the actual game.
Last edit: 09 Feb 2012 17:20 by Izaak.

More
09 Feb 2012 18:05 #22620 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: New set in 2012

I also don't think that the people that keep the VEKN going can be sued if I decide to make my own cards, using the cardbacks and the logo's and all. There's no real connection between the VEKN, being an organization that runs tournaments and keeps track of a rating (?), and myself, being an individual, not directly linked in any way to the VEKN. I simply 'just' join their events, every once and while.

The heart of the matter is that VEKN can't be seen promoting or condoning a possible copyright infringement. Hence, the official standfor using PDF cards is what it is in the current rules.

BTW If you attend VEKn tournaments you are a member of VEKN as every attendee gets a VEKN number.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
09 Feb 2012 18:12 #22622 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: New set in 2012

Smart, in this case, would be me to just ignore the silly ruling, print my cards and play with them and slap (figuratively speaking) the judge who bothers to check and DQ me in the face and let him re-do the table arrangements as I take my leave and never return to any tournaments of that particular organizer.

If I were you, I wouldn't be overtly suprised or offended that when the new set arrives and you attend a VEKN sanctioned tounament when someone, judge or fellow player, asks to check if your copies from the new set are tournament legal or not.

Especially after heavily implying several times that you will be breaking the said rule.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds