file New Bloodlines set in development!

11 Apr 2016 13:54 #76370 by self biased

It's great that you are planning to continue to add new cards to vtes. Although, in my opinion, planned scope of next set is too narrow. This will cause that most players won't be interested in it.

Please find us more artists. :)

what sort of compensation is being offered?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Apr 2016 14:33 #76371 by Damnans

what sort of compensation is being offered?

Since the VEKN is not funded in any way, the only compensation is one symbolic US dollar per piece, and advertising their artwork on vekn.net.

That is why our pool of artists is so limited.

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:

More
11 Apr 2016 15:32 #76374 by Brum

It's clear from the numbers above that Baali, Ahrimanes, and Kisayd are in a category all their own. They win dramatically more than any other bloodline, and giving them more toys just seems to be a waste. The designers are clearly interested (rightly so, I'd say) in helping the weakest bloodlines, which as you can see are the five that they've decided to focus on.

Yes, it is understandable and worthy of support. I just wish these PDF sets made a bigger impact on my own deckbuilding. So far cards from these sets that find their way to my decks have been few and far between. :dry:

This is a bit out of context, but I just wish to reinforce the usefulness of these sets, to motivate more people to participate in the process.

Any of the following decks / archetypes have direct entries of one or more cards from the VEKN sets:
Gangrel / Gangrel anti (including Stanislava, and new Gangrel royalties); Nosferoyalties; new Setite Camarilla Politics (it's totally a thing); Nana Anarch (new vamp); Victoria's Secret; Broken Brujah; any deck around merged vampires; DOM OBT with or without Nocturns; Black Hand swarm; Setite power bleed; Kahzar's Diary; Power Shamblers; new Anarch grinder; new Malgorzata and friends; Ravnos toolbox; new Montano Purge...

There might be others, these were just the ones on top of my head.
Obviously Camarilla clans (and the sect) don't need much help.
And Kiasyd, Baali (and I dare say Tupdogs) are strong as they are already.

Having said all that, in lore, Bloodlines should NEVER be as strong as standalone clans.
They shouldn't even BE standalone clans.

More
11 Apr 2016 16:32 - 11 Apr 2016 16:33 #76375 by Bloodartist

Obviously Camarilla clans (and the sect) don't need much help.
And Kiasyd, Baali (and I dare say Tupdogs) are strong as they are already.

Having said all that, in lore, Bloodlines should NEVER be as strong as standalone clans.
They shouldn't even BE standalone clans.

I'm not really after strength, but rather alternate cards to use for the sake of variety and flavor. For me it will eventually get boring playing the same deck no matter how strong it is. And to make a new deck is a big undertaking involving ordering cards from the internet unless I already have a massive collection which I don't (Im 2-3 year old player).

I currently play as my main decks a ventrue lawfirm variant (grp 3-4), smallcap toreador aching beauty (cheap and strong but boring as **** and its probably as fun to play against as prostate cancer) and a Baali deck built around the unnamed. I am content with the strength level of these decks. I dont want new cards because the decks need help, I would just want to try something different without dishing 30-40 euros for ordering cards yet again from internet (the availability is getting scarcer too). I am also not fond of anarchs. :unsure:

edit: Since the new set revolves around crypt cards that are almost non-existent in my current collection, probably nothing much changes with this release.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 11 Apr 2016 16:33 by Bloodartist.

More
11 Apr 2016 18:24 #76376 by GreyB

Hey, everyone!

Mike Nudd and I just had a lengthy Skype call where we went over design goals for the next set and started on card design. The next set will be Bloodlines-themed and we're aiming for around 50 cards, focussing mainly on the following clans:

Blood Brothers
Gargoyles
Harbingers of Skulls
Samedi
Salubri anitribu

We may make cards for other clans as space permits. We know you want all the things and we'd like to make all the things, but to do that would probably mean about a 100-card set, which we don't have the playtest and artist resources for. We'll focus on the Bloodlines clans that need the most help for this set, and we'll circle back and cover the remaining Bloodlines clans in a follow-up set.

Crypt-wise, we plan to address mainly Group 6 crypt needs, but other groups are likely to get treatment depending on need. Library-wise, we'll have a better idea how many library cards per clan to expect as we get further into the design process, but something like "a few".

The design of this set has nothing to do with anything Paradox/White Wolf may have planned - we have no information pertaining to that. We're just going to carry on with designing cards as normal until we're told to stop or told to do something different.

We're planning to start playtesting in mid-May, with a release date of November-ish. More details to come as we figure them out!

- Ben Peal, V:EKN Design Team

First of, YAY Gargoyles!

Concerning Gargoyles, can you go with Independent Gargoyles only? Tie in a nice rebellion theme perhaps:
- Alvusia is not dead, Virstania rescued her and hid her somewhere.
- Virstania turns into a Gargoyle and leads the rebellion to free all slave gargoyles.
- Indy Parisian Gargoyles aid Virstania (new indy gargoyles)
- Some slave gargoyles join as well (advanced gargoyles)
- Gargoyles forge an alliance with indy Gangrel (Visceratika/Protean cards), option to mix gargoyle with gangrel vamps (makes more sense disc wise, at least 1 shared disc).
- Perhaps Gangrel elders are behind the Gargoyle rebellion!

Instead of making an advanced Virstania, you could also put the gargoyle Virstania in group 5-6 though she'd still contest the group 3 version.

In any case, since gargoyles currently come in 3 flavours (sabbat/camarilla/independent) and are really hard to combine, I really doubt anything good can come from creating cards for those 3 flavours.

Thanks! ;) I'll be spamming card ideas in the Card ideas section!

:garg: :VIS: :POT: :FOR: :flight: -1 Strength

More
11 Apr 2016 18:47 #76377 by jamesatzephyr

We may make cards for other clans as space permits. We know you want all the things and we'd like to make all the things, but to do that would probably mean about a 100-card set, which we don't have the playtest and artist resources for.

Possibly something to think about for the future - and definitely requires you to find an artist who feels suitably inspired - but an Umfalla Abomination could be extremely cool to design and build a deck around.

whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Abomination
whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Sarah_Childslayer

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds