file New Bloodlines set in development!

11 Apr 2016 00:29 #76360 by BenPeal

Will you try ti fill up the G6 for the clans not in your list? Ahrimanes g5-6 lack a vamp or 2, I think its the same for Kiasyd. They got one extra with Winterlich thou.

As I said in the original post, "We may make cards for other clans as space permits."

The non-scarce Bloodlines clans need 2-3 crypt cards in Group 6. Because of our production limitations, we're focussing on Blood Brothers, Garygoyles, Harbingers, Samedi, and Salubri antitribu. If we have space to include other clans, then we hope to address Group 6 issues for other Bloodlines clans.

"But what about Ahrimanes?"

We're focussing on Blood Brothers, Garygoyles, Harbingers, Samedi, and Salubri antitribu.

"But what about Baali?"

We're focussing on Blood Brothers, Garygoyles, Harbingers, Samedi, and Salubri antitribu.

"But what about Daughters of Cacophony?"

"But what about Kiasyd?"

"But what about Nagaraja?"

"But what about Salubri?"

"But what about True Brujah?"

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Charles_Bronson, Ashur, jtroyve, Rémi, Kimpan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Apr 2016 01:11 #76362 by brettscho
Exciting to see a Bloodlines set (although I still feel that the poor Sabbat have the shortest stick - can't we get a few more vampires in their group 5 before the bloodlines get a full group 6?). I'm just sad that this set will have very little impact for new players (Bloodlines, Legacies of Blood and Heirs to the Blood are impossible to find). But I suppose that's the nature of the beast. Plus you've got to make your core players happy sometimes, too!

As to why some bloodlines like the Baali aren't being included, if you look at all the bloodline decks in TWDA from 2008 until the present, you'll notice that each clan has the following number of victories (I've left off the scarce clans for the moment):

33 Baali
27 Ahrimanes
28 Kiasyd
9 D. of Cacophony
7 Salubri Antitribu
7 Samedi
6 Gargoyle
6 Harbingers of Skulls
3 Blood Brothers

It's clear from the numbers above that Baali, Ahrimanes, and Kisayd are in a category all their own. They win dramatically more than any other bloodline, and giving them more toys just seems to be a waste. The designers are clearly interested (rightly so, I'd say) in helping the weakest bloodlines, which as you can see are the five that they've decided to focus on. Daughters are the only clan that is kind of left in a strange spot - they don't win much more than the other clans, but they haven't been included. I can only speculate that they've been dropped due to space concerns / interest of the designers / other reasons.

Excited to see what's coming!

Check out my VTES blog: Gaming with BS

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur

More
11 Apr 2016 07:49 #76363 by Rémi
Dear all,

The design of this set has nothing to do with anything Paradox/White Wolf

As this great idea to continue thinking in new cards has nothing to do with Paradox&Co, I assume that VEKN may have changed its mind about making change on the "official tournament rules". Is there any chances that VEKN reconsider its position about using proxies too?

Thanks in advance and good luck for the Bloodline project.
Best Regards,
Rémi.

I am Rémi Cavaillé (), Barcelona (SPAIN). I was the Prince of Lyon (France) a long time ago around 2003

Enjoy Vampire: Rivals games and many other gaming activities in Barcelona (Spain) with Association Khan Jugar:
sites.google.com/view/khanjugar/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vlad

More
11 Apr 2016 10:44 #76364 by Bloodartist

It's clear from the numbers above that Baali, Ahrimanes, and Kisayd are in a category all their own. They win dramatically more than any other bloodline, and giving them more toys just seems to be a waste. The designers are clearly interested (rightly so, I'd say) in helping the weakest bloodlines, which as you can see are the five that they've decided to focus on.

Yes, it is understandable and worthy of support. I just wish these PDF sets made a bigger impact on my own deckbuilding. So far cards from these sets that find their way to my decks have been few and far between. :dry:

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

More
11 Apr 2016 12:19 - 11 Apr 2016 12:21 #76367 by alek
It's great that you are planning to continue to add new cards to vtes. Although, in my opinion, planned scope of next set is too narrow. This will cause that most players won't be interested in it.
Last edit: 11 Apr 2016 12:21 by alek.

More
11 Apr 2016 13:01 #76368 by BenPeal

It's great that you are planning to continue to add new cards to vtes. Although, in my opinion, planned scope of next set is too narrow. This will cause that most players won't be interested in it.

Please find us more artists. :)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds