file Poll Villein

Poll: Is Villein a problem for the game? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
24 Nov 2011 15:30 #15798 by Izaak
Replied by Izaak on topic Re: Poll Villein

I'm having trouble playing any decks that have large vampires since I don't have any Villeins and can't afford to spend an extra 150 dollars per deck in addition to all the other cards I need to buy.

Or, ya know, you do what everyone else does. You find 6-7 Villeins on E-bay for $7-8 each ($50 total) and swap them between decks. Score!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kushiel, Pendargon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2011 00:49 #15880 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: Poll Villein

I wonder if this reflects the opinion of the vtes community outside this forum..

If players are aware of the existence of this forum and choose not to be part of the decision-making process, they have no one to blame but themselves.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
25 Nov 2011 01:29 #15882 by Charles_Bronson
Replied by Charles_Bronson on topic Re: Poll Villein
Just make minion tap playable again.

For gods sake.

I am death.
Paul Kersey, Death Wish
:vent::THA::QUI::FOR::dom::obf::cap9:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tosh

More
25 Nov 2011 08:52 #15909 by wastaz
Replied by wastaz on topic Re: Poll Villein

I'm having trouble playing any decks that have large vampires since I don't have any Villeins and can't afford to spend an extra 150 dollars per deck in addition to all the other cards I need to buy.

Or, ya know, you do what everyone else does. You find 6-7 Villeins on E-bay for $7-8 each ($50 total) and swap them between decks. Score!

I hope you see how the prospect of this might scare away a lot of players.
Also, if you want say 10 villeins off ebay right now (yea, 6-7 might do, but let's say 10 because that's probably the max amount you would want in any deck) you'd not have to pay $7-8 each.

As of the ebay state right this minute you can buy it in the following way (if you want to save money)

* 2 villeins for $9.99 a piece + shipping $3.50 = $23.48
* 2 villeins for $13.50 a piece + shipping $2.50 = $29.50
* 6 villeins for $15.00 a piece + shipping $1.45 = $91.45
Total = $144.43
which is about ~$14.50 a piece. This is -not- a good thing for a staple card.

Of course, to be honest. Right now there is also an auction for a pack of 3 villeins being sold, so you could replace 3 of the above 10 villeins with this
* Pack 3 villeins for $16.50 + shipping $3.00
HOWEVER, this auction wont finish for another 1 day and 18 hours. So we actually wont know the final price for this pack until then. But lets assume that this lot might end at a total of $25 (including shipping) - which I feel might be a bit on the low end but still reasonable.

Then the total would be $124.43 which would be about ~$12.50 a piece. This is -still- not a price that is nice to have for a staple card. Telling new players that "you can just go on ebay and buy them" will scare them away.

Also, we want new and returning players. Right? New and returning players are _good_ for the game. The current ebay prices are the prices we get with the current supply and demand. If we add new and returning players into the mix the demand _will_ rise, the supply will not (unless CCP suddenly starts printing vtes again). As pretty much anyone can tell you, this will increase the prices even further.

For you tl;dr'ers out there.
The prices on ebay for villein is ridiculous. You can NOT get villeins for $7-8 a piece - that is in the current state of the game a myth. This will scare away new and returning players. New and returning players are a good thing. Also, I like waffles.

More
26 Nov 2011 22:52 #16110 by stromgard
Replied by stromgard on topic Re: Poll Villein
Ehm no. They go for 15 dollars each. For me, 150 dollars is a lot of cash.In our group, 2-3 players have decks with many Villein in them. The rest of us can't build decks with large vampires. Not decks that work in our group, anyway.

More
26 Nov 2011 22:54 - 26 Nov 2011 22:55 #16111 by stromgard
Replied by stromgard on topic Re: Poll Villein
When I check, there isn't anyone sold for less than $15. Each. Shipping not included.
Last edit: 26 Nov 2011 22:55 by stromgard.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds