file Poll Villein

Poll: Is Villein a problem for the game? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
30 Nov 2011 11:12 #16543 by stromgard
Replied by stromgard on topic Re: Poll Villein
They need them in their own decks. Their playstyle is mostly huge vampires, so they have one set of villeins that they move between each deck.

Also, thy have a valid argument against using other cards as proxies. "I paid 100 Euros for my Villeins since I was not allowed to proxy. So should you."

Can't really argue with that, since they would never have used that much cash if proxying had been allowed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2011 11:17 #16544 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Poll Villein

Can't really argue with that, since they would never have used that much cash if proxying had been allowed.

My argument against that (sorry if I hurt someone) is "you being insane does not compel me to be insane too".

More
30 Nov 2011 11:18 #16545 by stromgard
Replied by stromgard on topic Re: Poll Villein

Ehm no. They go for 15 dollars each. For me, 150 dollars is a lot of cash.In our group, 2-3 players have decks with many Villein in them. The rest of us can't build decks with large vampires. Not decks that work in our group, anyway.

When you ask your friends to borrow 8 of their Villein for a deck that you want to try, what do they say?

They need them in their own decks. Their playstyle is mostly huge vampires, so they have one set of villeins that they move between each deck.

Also, thy have a valid argument against using other cards as proxies. "I paid 100 Euros for my Villeins since I was not allowed to proxy. So should you."

More
30 Nov 2011 12:06 #16548 by Brum
Replied by Brum on topic Re: Poll Villein

Ehm no. They go for 15 dollars each. For me, 150 dollars is a lot of cash.In our group, 2-3 players have decks with many Villein in them. The rest of us can't build decks with large vampires. Not decks that work in our group, anyway.

When you ask your friends to borrow 8 of their Villein for a deck that you want to try, what do they say?

You can counter that with:
"Exactly. You paid allot to play VtES the way you like it. With that attitude you'll have less and less people to play with and the amount of money you payed will be more and more for nothing."

But I now agree with Kevin in that if you really need, you can snipe Villeins under 8 US$ in eBay.
All you need to do is spend time there.

More
01 Dec 2011 18:57 #16686 by Joscha
Replied by Joscha on topic Re: Poll Villein

But I now agree with Kevin in that if you really need, you can snipe Villeins under 8 US$ in eBay.

I appreciate that you agree to that fact at last. I wonder though why you only believe Kevin on that and nobody else as for example I tried to convince you of that matter for one year now :blink: ;)

Baron of Frankfurt

More
01 Dec 2011 23:42 #16712 by Brum
Replied by Brum on topic Re: Poll Villein
Sorry, should have included everyone that stated that, Joscha.
I wrote that for the following reasons:

1. I've seen multiple cases of Villeins going under 8. One would not be enough for me, because it could've been sheer luck.
2. Besides here, I talk with Kevin allot about VtES and non VtES subjects elsewhere. Subconsciously I named him because we're friends.

However I don't think anyone's opinions are less valuable than others and I think all contributions are positive, if done a polite and comprehensive manner.
Of course in things like rules and org play, I take Pascal's opinions on a higher note, but I think you guys can understand that.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds