file Poll Villein

Poll: Is Villein a problem for the game? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
26 Nov 2011 22:58 #16112 by stromgard
Replied by stromgard on topic Re: Poll Villein
Right now, 37 people don't want a change. 50 people want to remove the hosing of Minion Tap. To all those 49 others I wanna say: Thank you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: koko Loco

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Nov 2011 23:34 #16123 by AaronC
Replied by AaronC on topic Re: Poll Villein
Joscha, I think this and other polls are representative of player opinion.

You should develop a protocol for formally submitting poll results to VEKN. If a poll shows a significant trend that indicates that players want a particular change, then you should submit it to the rules director and ask for a response.

I suggest having a poll open for at least four weeks and that you get at least 100 responses before submitting the results. Obviously you would only want to submit results that show a strong trend, such as this one.

I voted to limit the amount of blood retrieved through Villein, but I am also fine with Villein as is if it doesn't hose Minion Tap so badly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joscha

More
27 Nov 2011 00:18 #16129 by Brum
Replied by Brum on topic Re: Poll Villein

You should develop a protocol for formally submitting poll results to VEKN. If a poll shows a significant trend that indicates that players want a particular change, then you should submit it to the rules director and ask for a response.

I suggest having a poll open for at least four weeks and that you get at least 100 responses before submitting the results. Obviously you would only want to submit results that show a strong trend, such as this one.

I voted to limit the amount of blood retrieved through Villein, but I am also fine with Villein as is if it doesn't hose Minion Tap so badly.

Something that is the opinion of 0.1% of the player base should not force the volunteers to any special action.
That is not as democratic as you claim. Quite the opposite.

More
27 Nov 2011 01:19 #16136 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: Poll Villein

Ehm no. They go for 15 dollars each. For me, 150 dollars is a lot of cash.In our group, 2-3 players have decks with many Villein in them. The rest of us can't build decks with large vampires. Not decks that work in our group, anyway.

When you ask your friends to borrow 8 of their Villein for a deck that you want to try, what do they say?

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
27 Nov 2011 08:15 #16143 by Jeff Kuta
Replied by Jeff Kuta on topic Re: Poll Villein

Not even close to being representative or following anything resembling a controlled state for polling.

Polls may be decent at gauging public opinion, but they are horrible at coming up with solutions. You ask any number of folks who voted for one of the "solutions" to what ails Villein, I guarantee that many of them will prefer to leave the card alone, rather than fixing it in a bad way or at least one of which they disapprove.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kushiel, koko Loco

More
27 Nov 2011 08:27 #16145 by Joscha
Replied by Joscha on topic Re: Poll Villein
As I stated elsewhere I'm in a strong doubt wether the outcome of those polls could be called representative. After all we just reach readers of this forum, whose number actually is just a fraction of the players in the world. And even of this number only some participate in the polls (unfortunately).
On the other hand the sum up of opinions and suggestions is of not small interest for the design-team and the developing people. I think if a clear majority of caring players, even if just of a smaller group, feels bad about a card that should lead at least to a discussion of the deciding people.
By the way: My goal of these polls is NOT necessarily a change of cards players see as a problem, but to set an end to those endless repeating equal discussions at the forum. Hopefully you can tell in future threads "we were through this before, remember the poll and look at the arguments". That could stop the boring repetitions.

Baron of Frankfurt
The following user(s) said Thank You: henrik, koko Loco

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds