file On Parity Shift

Poll: Is Parity Shift a problem for the game? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
06 Dec 2011 20:27 - 06 Dec 2011 20:28 #17309 by bakija
Replied by bakija on topic Re: On Parity Shift

There will always be a "most powerful" political action. Currently, Parity Shift holds that title.

Oh, sure. But for my money it is the most powerful by leaps and bounds--nothing else is even close in terms of it's impact. The basic building block vote cards are all powerful, but reasonably so; KRC is very strong, but reasonably strong (and is a reasonably measuring stick for everything else in the game, really--one action card doing 3 damage that requires support [other cards or vote infrastructure] to make work); Con Ag *can* do 4 damage to your prey at one time but at the cost of spending much of the game doing 2 or 1 damage to your prey at one time; Con Boon can get you a lot of pool quickly; Reckless Agitation can do a lot of damage to your prey very quickly, but is surprisingly difficult to make work consistently and stops working all together in the end game. Parity Shift is way, way streets ahead of these other cards in terms of power and effect. It isn't just "the best vote card". It is amazingly, wildly over the top the best vote card.

Go ahead and fight the good fight for change if you still want to. It's kind of moot right now since the new rulings were released. Maybe next October to November it will be time to fan the flames of insurrection again. ;)

Absolutely. I'm not, like, expecting anything to happen here. Apparently, most people paying attention to this discussion disagree with me. Which is fine. Just for my money, I imagine that the game would become considerably more interesting (and more balanced) if Parity Shift got a kick in the teeth.
Last edit: 06 Dec 2011 20:28 by bakija.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dude_PL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2011 23:36 #17375 by Adonai
Replied by Adonai on topic Re: On Parity Shift

It has been a very long time since I lost 5 to Parity Shift.

<sidenote>

I lost 15 to Parity Shift in a single game at the EC.
My predator that did all that damage didn't win though, his grand-predator did.

</sidenote>

More
07 Dec 2011 00:43 #17380 by AaronC
Replied by AaronC on topic Re: On Parity Shift
Ouch!

More
07 Dec 2011 06:55 - 07 Dec 2011 07:00 #17385 by Väinämöinen
Replied by Väinämöinen on topic Re: On Parity Shift

Hm, apparently not.
After all, I suppose that VEKN would be willing to risk a change not supported by the poll if they are dead sure it will do good to the game. And vice versa.

if they make a change not supported by a majority they risk that players in playgroups that oppose the change disregard the changes and thus VEKN would eventually lose authority and that would further cripple the game. If a certain playgroup decide to play with uncorrected cards they could still play the tournament as they want and adjust the decklist sent to the VEKN to match the rules and no one would know, or just play unregistered...either way that would hurt the game.

EDIT: before this post someone gave me two karma minuses without stating a reason (i was polite and did not insult anyone). it is childish. should I smack a minus to everyone proposing change to Parity shift (since I'm positive that those people asking for a change in the card did it, it is the only topic i post in)? if you give me a minus, at least have the cojones to let me know that you did it.

Last edit: 07 Dec 2011 07:00 by Väinämöinen.

More
07 Dec 2011 07:09 #17387 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: On Parity Shift

There will always be a "most powerful" political action. Currently, Parity Shift holds that title.

Oh, sure. But for my money it is the most powerful by leaps and bounds--nothing else is even close in terms of it's impact.

I humbly disagree. Banishment is more reliable and has more impact in the mid and end-game (whereas Parity Shift is weaker). But anyway, it's a little boring to hear the same statement again and again, even if you're convinced of it.

But the Camarilla ones with Parity Shift are always going to be generally better and more successful.

are Parity Shift, Pentex Subversion, and Direct Intervention. As they are both overpowered

Parity Shift was a horrible idea when it was printed. It is a horrible idea now. It is insanely overpowered.

9. Parity Shift.
It is just stupidly too good and always has been

As Parity Shift is insanely powerful.

to Parity Shift (easily one of the best actions in the game?).

And yet, again, Parity Shift is a consistently incredibly powerful card that you can rely on to oust folks and win games.

But Parity Shift is going to be among them. As it is the best Political Action in the game. Far and away.

And is more powerful than any other vote in the game in any reasonable situation, by a significant margin.

What it is is an incredibly (over) powerful card

I don't think that anyone can justifiably argue that Parity Shift is not one of the most powerful cards in the game.

Parity Shift has always been insanely overpowered. Since day 1.

This looks like spam.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pendargon, henrik, Ohlmann

More
07 Dec 2011 08:32 #17403 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: On Parity Shift

if they make a change not supported by a majority they risk that players in playgroups that oppose the change disregard the changes and thus VEKN would eventually lose authority and that would further cripple the game.

Well, what I wanted to say was that if a change is really for the better, even if unsupported, people will at least try it, and then support it (since it is a good change).

We are here to help the VEKN by giving an opinion. GOod change can be completely unsupported by players at first, but are unlikely to. So, this poll is a tool for them, not an absolute thing to follow.

(didn't gave a minus)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds