file On Parity Shift

Poll: Is Parity Shift a problem for the game? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
07 Dec 2011 21:36 #17503 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: On Parity Shift

if your prey has less pool than you so you can't play Parity Shift, you're probably winning anyway.

Unless your predator plays some combat and doesn't care being at less pool than you. So you'll basically watch your vampires being crushed with useless PS in hand.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Dec 2011 22:57 #17521 by bakija
Replied by bakija on topic Re: On Parity Shift

I don't come to this forum to read you stating for the 13th time that Parity Shift is "overpowered",

Apparently, you do. As otherwise you wouldn't be going out of your way to read these statements, hunt them down, and repost them.

but your repetitive statements pollutes the thread (that's spam -- things you don't want to read but that pop up again and again).

People bring up the same points. I respond to them. This is a discussion thread specifically for discussing whether or not a given card is too powerful. It makes sense that people will do that here. If you realize that you think this is boring, why subject yourself to it when it is very easy to avoid?

Now, if you think that the one who writes the more often the same sentence is the more persuasive, think again.

As opposed to the one who goes out of his way to hunt them down, copy them, and repost them, simply because he is bored by them?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech

More
08 Dec 2011 08:58 #17570 by Marcus Vitel
Replied by Marcus Vitel on topic Re: On Parity Shift
I don't see any problems with parity shift:
- it can be blocked, or delayed
- the target need to have more pool than you
- lesser players, lesser gain
- it makes loose 5 pool at maximum

More
08 Dec 2011 09:22 #17573 by Kosmo_Kebab
Replied by Kosmo_Kebab on topic Re: On Parity Shift

I don't see any problems with parity shift:
- it can be blocked, or delayed
- the target need to have more pool than you
- lesser players, lesser gain
- it makes loose 5 pool at maximum

I totally agree with you point of view, in addition:
-u cant make your deck only around of parity shift (maybe nos royality), becouse this card cant kill your prey(in most of cases) and can kill you(if your parity shift was canceled by delaying tactics when you had low amount of pool). Ihmo this card is good support in many deck, but no core card, its well balanced(req title, req less pool).

More
08 Dec 2011 11:06 #17594 by johannes
Replied by johannes on topic Re: On Parity Shift

still cornercase and situational though. you're doing 1 less pool damage to gain 3 more pool (counting the -1 hit that KRC gives you). that's a really good trade, except once in a while that 1 extra pool damage wins/loses the game... but it's far far more likely that having 3 more pool saves you from being ousted.
it's like saying Threats is better than Conditioning because your vampires might be low on blood in the endgame. it's possible, but...

It is certainly situational, you rate the probabiliy low, therefore cornercase, I rate it higher (from my experience). Often I am heads up with massive damage output decks like DOM bleed and the fact to kill them one turn earlier means a lot more than having 2-3 more pool since they are bleeding you for 15 anyway. Or like Vincent argued a rush deck which will kill all your guys next turn.

slightly unrelated: even in the 3 player game, KRC is a double-edged sword. 3 to prey, 1 to predator, could mean you get 2 VPs in a row, or it could mean your prey gets a VP faster. and putting it on yourself could mean you get ousted faster if something unexpected happens. Parity Shift avoids this problem entirely by letting you give pool to your predator if you wish. man, it's still so good.

if your prey has less pool than you so you can't play Parity Shift, you're probably winning anyway.

KRC vs Con Ag vs Domain Challenge vs Anarchist Uprising vs Neonate Breach. all of these have different outputs and it's situational which one might be the most useful. they're all well balanced. yet, by the numbers alone, Parity Shift is miles above all of these.

I agree, Parity Shift is the most powerful vote. However it has a certain requirement (Prince, Justicar) which is not easily met (every 1 cap pander can call KRC). I was just arguing that in a 2P situation PS is not strictly better than KRC, in my opinion even worse.

More
08 Dec 2011 11:38 #17604 by bakija
Replied by bakija on topic Re: On Parity Shift

I was just arguing that in a 2P situation PS is not strictly better than KRC, in my opinion even worse.

Oh, sure--in the 2 player end game, Parity Shift is about a wash with KRC, but certainly not strictly better than KRC, in terms of effect. But in the 5 player, 4 player, and 3 player portions of the game, Parity Shift is a billion times better than KRC, in terms of effect. That it is mostly a wash with KRC in the 2 player end game is a reasonable exchange.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds