file On Parity Shift

Poll: Is Parity Shift a problem for the game? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
07 Dec 2011 16:47 #17460 by bakija
Replied by bakija on topic Re: On Parity Shift

I humbly disagree. Banishment is more reliable and has more impact in the mid and end-game (whereas Parity Shift is weaker). But anyway, it's a little boring to hear the same statement again and again, even if you're convinced of it.

If you find it boring, don't read it. It isn't like this is showing up at your breakfast table--you went out of your way to come to this website, go to this sub forum, and then open this particular thread just so you could read something you think is boring so you could complain about it? Man. That takes some doing.

This looks like spam.

If you'd like, I can go and cut apart your posts and thread them together to make them look like spam too. Oh, wait. I don't go out of my way to read things that I think are boring just so I can complain about them being boring. Never mind. I'll pass.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dude_PL, KevinM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Dec 2011 19:24 #17478 by Haze
Replied by Haze on topic Re: On Parity Shift

There will always be a "most powerful" political action. Currently, Parity Shift holds that title.

Oh, sure. But for my money it is the most powerful by leaps and bounds--nothing else is even close in terms of it's impact.

I humbly disagree. Banishment is more reliable and has more impact in the mid and end-game (whereas Parity Shift is weaker). But anyway, it's a little boring to hear the same statement again and again, even if you're convinced of it.

so you're saying we should have a poll on Banishment to get it banned or changed? 1/3 of the poll wants to change Parity Shift, and if Banishment is stronger I'm sure that number would be even higher!

(joking)

well, Parity Shift is a lot more reliable than Banishment if you're running 6-cap princes. and even in the 2p endgame it's still twice as good as KRC.

More
07 Dec 2011 19:50 #17485 by johannes
Replied by johannes on topic Re: On Parity Shift

. and even in the 2p endgame it's still twice as good as KRC.

I think in the 2p endgame it is worse than KRC. KRC does 3 damage, all the time. PS does 2, maybe. Yes you pay one too, but making that oust is important. Especially against a bleed deck.

More
07 Dec 2011 20:04 #17489 by bakija
Replied by bakija on topic Re: On Parity Shift

I think in the 2p endgame it is worse than KRC. KRC does 3 damage, all the time. PS does 2, maybe. Yes you pay one too, but making that oust is important. Especially against a bleed deck.

In a 2 player endgame, KRC does 3 to your opponent and 1 to you. Parity Shift does 2 to your opponent and gains you 2. KRC is slightly more likely to oust someone (net increase of 1 pool damage to your opponent). Parity Shift is significantly more likely to keep you from getting ousted (net increase of 3 pool gain to you). Given that ousting your prey is important, I'll call it mostly a wash.

More
07 Dec 2011 20:14 #17490 by Haze
Replied by Haze on topic Re: On Parity Shift

. and even in the 2p endgame it's still twice as good as KRC.

still cornercase and situational though. you're doing 1 less pool damage to gain 3 more pool (counting the -1 hit that KRC gives you). that's a really good trade, except once in a while that 1 extra pool damage wins/loses the game... but it's far far more likely that having 3 more pool saves you from being ousted.
it's like saying Threats is better than Conditioning because your vampires might be low on blood in the endgame. it's possible, but...

slightly unrelated: even in the 3 player game, KRC is a double-edged sword. 3 to prey, 1 to predator, could mean you get 2 VPs in a row, or it could mean your prey gets a VP faster. and putting it on yourself could mean you get ousted faster if something unexpected happens. Parity Shift avoids this problem entirely by letting you give pool to your predator if you wish. man, it's still so good.

if your prey has less pool than you so you can't play Parity Shift, you're probably winning anyway.

KRC vs Con Ag vs Domain Challenge vs Anarchist Uprising vs Neonate Breach. all of these have different outputs and it's situational which one might be the most useful. they're all well balanced. yet, by the numbers alone, Parity Shift is miles above all of these.

More
07 Dec 2011 21:33 #17502 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: On Parity Shift

If you find it boring, don't read it. It isn't like this is showing up at your breakfast table--you went out of your way to come to this website, go to this sub forum, and then open this particular thread just so you could read something you think is boring so you could complain about it? Man. That takes some doing.

I don't come to this forum to read you stating for the 13th time that Parity Shift is "overpowered", but your repetitive statements pollutes the thread (that's spam -- things you don't want to read but that pop up again and again). Now, if you think that the one who writes the more often the same sentence is the more persuasive, think again.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds