exclamation-circle Timing of "Kindred Spirits" under "The Rising"

02 Dec 2011 21:54 #16877 by Hakuron

The question has already been asked and answered:

groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/browse_thread/thread/c2dda4b94257a112/c5111c8ca15a788b

Yes, but the answer is somewhat hidden there, so I quote it again here:

> - The Rising
> The Rising is in play. I do not have the edge. I successfully bleed
> with Kindred Spirits. Do I gain 1 pool from Kindred Spirits ?

No. You have to resolve the bleed (resolve the action) in order to get
the Edge.

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Dec 2011 01:01 #16902 by Pascal Bertrand
Correct.
If you don't have the Edge (or a VP), successfully bleeding with Kindred Spirits with The Rising in play won't give you pool (but it will give you the Edge).

More
03 Dec 2011 01:58 #16907 by Brum
In that link I don't understand the difference between the Unnamed and Kindred Spirits, under the Rising.

Gain pool if you bleed successfully" VS "if you bleed successfully, gain pool"

Scott says that one has to do the action card, but I don't see the difference.
Pascal?

Name: unnamed, The
[HttB:U]
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Baali
Group: 6
Capacity: 10
Discipline: CEL DAI OBF PRE PRO
Independent: The unnamed may strike: 2R aggravated damage as a strike that costs 1 blood. If it successfully bleeds, you gain 2 pool. Infernal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AaronC

More
03 Dec 2011 03:52 #16910 by Juggernaut1981
Using RTR 2DEC2011 and "successfully bleeds" on the Unnamed & Kindred Spirits...

I would assume that The Unnamed and Kindred Spirits would both function identically since they both require an "If [agent] successfully bleeds" clause while Andre LeRoux, Dis Pater, et al all have a "When [agent] successfully bleeds" clause.

Andre LeRoux
Clan: Toreador (group 5)
Capacity: 3
Disciplines: aus
Camarilla: When a vampire you control successfully bleeds, you may reduce the bleed amount by 1 to give Andre +2 bleed this turn.

Dis Pater
Type: Master
Requires: Giovanni
Unique master.
Put this card in play. Once each action, when a Giovanni you control successfully bleeds your prey, you may remove seven cards in your ash heap from the game to give that action +1 bleed.

Kindred Spirits
Type: Action
Requires: Dementation
[dem] (D) Bleed any Methuselah. Gain 1 pool if this bleed is successful (for 1 or more).
[DEM] As above, with +1 bleed.

unnamed, The
Clan: Baali (group 6)
Capacity: 10
Disciplines: CEL DAI OBF PRE PRO
Independent: The unnamed may strike: 2R aggravated damage as a strike that costs 1 blood. If it successfully bleeds, you gain 2 pool. Infernal.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
03 Dec 2011 07:55 #16913 by Ohlmann
Couldn't the difference between Kindred Spirit and the Unnamed be that Kindred Spirit is an action (that must be resolved completely before gaining the edge) while the Unnamed trigger on the action, like gaining the edge trigger on a successful bleed ?

More
03 Dec 2011 11:22 #16918 by Juggernaut1981
@Ohlmann:
I honestly can't see the difference between Kindred Spirits and The unnamed. They both require the bleed to be completely successful before the blood is gained ("If this bleed is successful, gain X pool" is basically both sentences on the respective cards).

This is different to the Dis Pater-style text "When [agent] {would} successfully bleed, you may do X to gain Y". The "When [condition] you may do X to get Y" do not require the action to resolve (and most expressly work before it can resolve) before they can be used.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds