exclamation-circle Timing of "Kindred Spirits" under "The Rising"

01 Feb 2013 08:09 #44693 by Kraus

I hope this helped anyone who wasn't sure about this by now. It is pretty clear. Resolve things card at a time.

It's the current way it work. It's also a confusing mess, because things work differently with the same formulation, which is supposedly why Pascal work to see if a less confusing ruling is possible.

And unlike what you explain, not alway all of a action card is resolved before either effect happen : they can have delayed effect which happen well after the action resolution. And the current text use an ambiguous formulation.

I dunno. It's clear enough for me.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2013 08:52 - 01 Feb 2013 08:58 #44694 by Boris The Blade
Template suggestion: if something is supposed to resolve after the action resolution then say it. Don't use "when" or "if". Use "after". Even if that is not deemed big enough to warrant an errata on cards (although I don't see why since it is a constant rule wording change), the edge rule can be corrected at least.
Last edit: 01 Feb 2013 08:58 by Boris The Blade.

More
01 Feb 2013 10:22 #44696 by Izaak

With his current ability, the unnamed doesn't have action that gives pool if you bleed successfually (like kindred spirits) but he has action modifier -like ability that kicks in after the action is resolved (like forced march).

Nono, after the action is resolved *succesfully*. Which means, it needs to be a succesfull bleed, which means you get the edge for it. Exactly as with Kindred Spirits. Except KS apparently KS checks if you have the edge before the action is succesfully completed, and the Unnamed checks it afterwards.

An action card that says "Bleed at +1 bleed" and an action modifier that says "+1 bleed" use "identical wording" but are nonetheless not identical in function.

Yes, that's because one is an action and the other is an action modifier. Your point?

More
01 Feb 2013 11:05 #44698 by Ohlmann

An action card that says "Bleed at +1 bleed" and an action modifier that says "+1 bleed" use "identical wording" but are nonetheless not identical in function.

By the way, I realize your example is wrong, since the +1 bleed from a computer hacking and the +1 bleed from a sup' command of the beast behave in the exact same fashion ; the card themselves behave differently because of the rest of their text.

The unnamed / KS difference is based on a non-written difference between the two. That's the problem.

More
01 Feb 2013 11:24 #44699 by wesile
I really agree with Izaak.

It does not make sense to have different rulings for this 2 cards.

More
01 Feb 2013 14:26 #44704 by Molloy

With his current ability, the unnamed doesn't have action that gives pool if you bleed successfually (like kindred spirits) but he has action modifier -like ability that kicks in after the action is resolved (like forced march).

Nono, after the action is resolved *succesfully*. Which means, it needs to be a succesfull bleed, which means you get the edge for it. Exactly as with Kindred Spirits. Except KS apparently KS checks if you have the edge before the action is succesfully completed, and the Unnamed checks it afterwards.

Yes, that's because one is an action and the other is an action modifier. Your point?

Kindred Spirits is an action card. The Unnamed is a crypt card. Hello?

:hosk: :ani: :chi: :for: :nec: :AUS: :cap6: Sabbat. Animals, Wraiths and Zombies Molloy recruits or employs get an additional life.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds