file Dance Macabre requirements

07 Jan 2014 13:10 #58300 by Lönkka

In the case the B&W print is of good quality, I let players use the B&W print as proxy for a color-print.
Prox-ception :)

Awww, you're a big softie ;)
And also teach the players that rules need not be followed. :)

If B&W prints are allowed, shall we also allow poor quality color prints?
Oh, where will it end...

Since it will also be relevant at the next EC (and other big tournaments) we need a ruling on this. Or definite comment that the PDF cards are still to be used as per the instructons they come with (= no B&W).

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: dessu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
07 Jan 2014 20:34 #58319 by D-dennis

Awww, you're a big softie ;)

That's from all the beer.

And also teach the players that rules need not be followed. :)

The rules still apply. In this case I judged that the B&W print was good enough for play. Of course this was a small event (16 players). At big events, such individual judging might not be feasible.

More
08 Jan 2014 09:39 #58343 by Lönkka
Not messing with you mate, but that really doesn't sound all that different from the situation where someone (with DM cards in the deck) doesn't have opaque sleeves but has transparent ones.

In my case, I like to keep the can of worms closed as much as possible and not give the devil one inch of the littlefinger.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
08 Jan 2014 10:50 #58349 by jamesatzephyr

The rules still apply. In this case I judged that the B&W print was good enough for play. Of course this was a small event (16 players). At big events, such individual judging might not be feasible.

Could you indicate which tournament this was, so that it can be retroactively unsanctioned?

More
08 Jan 2014 18:43 - 08 Jan 2014 18:47 #58375 by D-dennis

Could you indicate which tournament this was, so that it can be retroactively unsanctioned?

There has been only one tournament in Belgium since the release of Danse Macabre.
I thought there was a precedent for such judging (a jduge allowing a KMW reprint as proxy KMW was not yet legal for play), but I don't find the reference for that.
In our case, judgment was based on
  1. The quality of the B&W print
  2. The decision to let it be used was carried by the attending players (i.e. nobody was against it)
  3. It was an actian card that does not stay in play. This might be different for an event or master that stays in play (where the colour of the card might help crosstable players to see what card is there).
  4. Play could go on as normal. No matter at what level vtes is played, it is still a game. A game is supposed to be played and rules facilitate the play. In this case the quality of play was not harmed by the B&W prints, so we started the tournament as normal.
Last edit: 08 Jan 2014 18:47 by D-dennis.

More
08 Jan 2014 19:23 #58380 by Hakuron
It was obvious from the very beginning, that some day the discussion about the requirements (and the conformance of them) of a "proxy edition" would start ...

Finally, we have some new cards, some players are playing V:tES more enthusiastically again – and then a tournament organiser or judge should be forced to punish a player who maybe is just lazy?

How about starting with some kind of warning/caution first that has to be reported in the Archon file, so a player has a chance to "improve" his cards until the next tournament? So punishment is only enforced if the same player is using inferior prints again? Maybe until April or July, as a period of transition?

And, please, don't start talking about nullifying events that already took place.

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds