file Dance Macabre requirements

10 Jan 2014 12:39 #58470 by Brum
Replied by Brum on topic Re: Dance Macabre requirements
I honestly don't understand why we even have to write about this, given that (in my opinion):

-We want more players!
Therefore we should make the new official cards as close as lawfully possible so those who don't have the old ones (specially with crypts) don't feel that they are second rate players.

-We want more players!
The new official cards must be as close as lawfully possible do the old ones so people passing by have a better image of the game as a whole. The prettier the cards, the better the game looks.

-We want more players!
That means we need to generate more interest via new sets (among other things).
So we must attract artists to our cause.
Ergo, we must respect their (ubber awesome) work. Art is important in this game, for MANY reasons.

Did I mention WE NEED MORE PLAYERS?

No deck on official constructed tournaments in Portugal will be valid without proper cards.
We have hundreds of cards printed in high quality for free (thanks Eliseu!).

Was this post necessary?
In a world were ill intentioned individuals claim to like the game, know allot about it and "care for the little guy", but argue against the above arguments, YES.

This concludes my Rant of the Week(tm).
Thanks to idiots, that's a thing.

PS: I'm not saying I'm not one of the idiots.
Double negative ftw.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jan 2014 13:33 #58471 by ReverendRevolver
So, we have established the rules and the not rules here, decided several ways to get stuff done, and the only question left is:
Are my crayon drawings of baltimore purge still illegal for tournaments? ;)

Anyway, i cant print them, thusly, i dont use them yet. I fant afford 8x baltimore purge, so same principle there. When i have them, i have them.

And some people spamming thier projects is remindimg me of the guy from Idiocracy who keeps saying "brought to you by carls jr"

So, thread good?

More
13 Jan 2014 00:22 #58527 by Juggernaut1981

would be 42 total pages. That's probably 20 bucks at Kinko's.

Has anyone done this yet? That is, gone to to Kinko's and printed the PDFs. (out on the West Cosat of the States Kinko's is now FedEx Office) I ask because I went to print them out and I was told they won't print copyrighted material. I tried to explain but they weren't having it. What should I tell them? I don't know if this is the norm or if I happened to visit the FedEx office with the employees with wild hair up there .......!

As of yet, I haven't had time to try another store.

Yes. My local Kinko's type printer has self-printing facilities where you can take in a USB. Cost was about $0.12 per sheet in AUD.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
13 Jan 2014 01:48 #58529 by TorranceCircle

Yes. My local Kinko's type printer has self-printing facilities where you can take in a USB. Cost was about $0.12 per sheet in AUD.

I took my USB to the self-service area, it will not print them. I don't know why, but the printers gave a message to see an associate. This is when they told me they wouldn't print it. Again, for the record, Kinko's doesn't exist where I am anymore. As soon as I get the chance, I am going with Von Polack's advice and just going to a different store/company. I WILL get them printed. I was just wondering if anyone else ran into this issue. (and kind of hoping someone in California had another idea of where to get them printed.)

Can't wait to try Melusine D'Anjou, if for nothing else than to pay tribute to the artwork. Synner-G and Alex Camillie make the Phased Motion detector deck mandatory, Right?

Public Vilification, Marked Territory, and Instantaneous Transformation are all also on my high interest list.

More
13 Jan 2014 04:25 #58532 by AaronC

As soon as I get the chance, I am going with Von Polack's advice and just going to a different store/company. I WILL get them printed. I was just wondering if anyone else ran into this issue. (and kind of hoping someone in California had another idea of where to get them printed.)

Does that mean we might see you at the upcoming Presidents' Day tournaments? :side:
(BTW, it looks like we're going to play on the 25th this month, in case you're not busy :whistle:)

More
13 Jan 2014 05:05 #58534 by TorranceCircle

Does that mean we might see you at the upcoming Presidents' Day tournaments? :side:
(BTW, it looks like we're going to play on the 25th this month, in case you're not busy :whistle:)

More likely in May. So I have plenty of time to get these printed out.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds