file Dance Macabre requirements

06 Jan 2014 18:28 #58266 by Joscha

* In case of bad quality of the printout I guess you can be disqualified/warned ?

Judge's discretion.
[EDIT] Penalty guidelines are being re-written. I suppose the recommended penalty should be to remove some VPs from the player. But, once the new guidelines are published, it will still remain up to the Judge.

I'd find it rather ridiculous to see somebody losing VPs because of a bad printout. The most important point is IMHO that you have to be able to read the text on the card. As long as that's possible I'd be fine with that.

Anyway I'd tell the guy to come up with better prints next tournament of course.

Baron of Frankfurt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2014 19:10 #58269 by KevinM

Sorry if this has been asked before. For tournaments:
Printout - The printed DM card.
* Does it have to be in colour?

Yes (Tournament Rules 4.1).

A lot, and I mean A LOT of players have access to high-resolution black-and-white laser printers, but not necessarily color printers. Is there a reason that the VEKN cares about color vs b+w? (Sorry if I missed a conclusion on this before.)

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
06 Jan 2014 19:21 #58270 by Ashur

Is there a reason that the VEKN cares about color vs b+w? (Sorry if I missed a conclusion on this before.)

I guess players should be able to tell cards apart from cross-table. It´s alot easier with colour cards.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Pascek

More
06 Jan 2014 22:28 #58274 by Lönkka
The page where the PDFs are located are DOES contain rules for the use of the PDF set.

AFAIK these are all still valid.

www.vekn.net/vampire-elder-kindred-network/246-danse-macabre

How to use Danse Macabre cards in a V:EKN sanctioned tournament
When using Danse Macabre cards they must be color printed on standard paper and inserted into opaque sleeves before another Vampire: The Eternal Struggle or Jyhad card, this requires opaque sleeves for the whole crypt and/or library.

In Finland, as long as these rulea are in effect, if someone attends any of my tournaments with B&W cards I don't effin care if they've travelled from Jupiter or whereever, I will slap them the maximum penalty for breaking the rule. In casual games I don't care if they're using toilet paper for the card stock.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: dessu

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
07 Jan 2014 05:54 #58287 by D-dennis

In Finland, as long as these rulea are in effect, if someone attends any of my tournaments with B&W cards I don't effin care if they've travelled from Jupiter or whereever, I will slap them the maximum penalty for breaking the rule. In casual games I don't care if they're using toilet paper for the card stock.

In the case the B&W print is of good quality, I let players use the B&W print as proxy for a color-print.
Prox-ception :)

More
07 Jan 2014 08:32 #58291 by Von_Polack
Also, it's not really that hard to get good quality colour prints. Just pool up with your playgroup and find a local print shop (or a friend of a friend of friend who has access to colour printer trough school or work). It's cheaper than buying them as cards.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds