file Dance Macabre requirements

08 Jan 2014 21:22 #58387 by jamesatzephyr

3 out of 4 requirements were met (standard paper, opaque sleeves, before anoteher vtes card).

By playing Madness of the Bard, I can meet 11 out of 12 requirements for banned cards in V:TES tournaments, making me 16.7% more legal than you.

Consider also the players who may have, in fact, actually read and followed the rules and not played a deck because they didn't have an appropriate colour print-out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2014 21:47 #58388 by D-dennis

3 out of 4 requirements were met (standard paper, opaque sleeves, before anoteher vtes card).

By playing Madness of the Bard, I can meet 11 out of 12 requirements for banned cards in V:TES tournaments, making me 16.7% more legal than you.

Consider also the players who may have, in fact, actually read and followed the rules and not played a deck because they didn't have an appropriate colour print-out.

There is no way any judge would or could allow a B&W madness of the bard. The reference to banned cards is of no relevance in this case. There is no mention of a DM card being banned because it doesn't meet the requirements mentioned in the DM printing instructions.
In this case, the appropriate penalty (a warning) was given according to the judges' guide.
I'm not advocating that B&W prints should be allowed by default. The current rules and guides could probably more explicit about how to handle these cases, but players, organisers and judges should be able to handle it without the vekn holding their hands.

More
08 Jan 2014 22:10 #58391 by jamesatzephyr

There is no way any judge would or could allow a B&W madness of the bard. The reference to banned cards is of no relevance in this case.

Sure it is. If you can scrap rules because you feel like it, so can I! Everyone round to D-dennis's for a sanctioned Return to Innocence tournament! It's totally allowed!

Putting it more simply: you are not empowered to scrap tournament rules because you feel like it. For the same reason I can't allow Madness of the Bard in sanctioned tournaments, you can't allow non-legal cards in tournaments.

There is no mention of a DM card being banned because it doesn't meet the requirements mentioned in the DM printing instructions.

The legal cards are defined as being actual V:TES cards, or colour print outs. Which you don't have.

The Danse Macabre set itself tells you to print it out in colour, unscaled, in opaque sleeves, in order to use them in a tournament. It's right there under "How to use Danse Macabre cards in a V:EKN sanctioned tournament", as part of the Printing Instructions.

More
08 Jan 2014 22:26 #58392 by BenPeal
You don't need an argument about judging guidelines to print extra color copies for your players.

More
08 Jan 2014 22:41 #58394 by a-e
Replied by a-e on topic Re: Dance Macabre requirements

The rules still apply. In this case I judged that the B&W print was good enough for play. Of course this was a small event (16 players). At big events, such individual judging might not be feasible.

I wouldn't describe national championship tournament as small event. Even with 16 player it's still a major event imo.

Also I noticed that Pascal was playing in this tournament (according the results he played in finals), so apparently he also agreed that b&w prints were fine.

If vekn rules director says that b&w prints are good enough, does it mean that there is now a ruling for that judges are allowed to let people play on b&w prints if they so choose?

Marko, Prince of Helsinki

More
08 Jan 2014 22:57 #58395 by Pascal Bertrand
I was there as a player, not as a judge or organiser.
Had I been one of those, I would either have issued a judging or brought extra copies of Danse Macabre cards.

Either way: the penalty, if any, should not be to penalise non-faulty players. It should always apply to faulty players only. Its degree is up to the judge to set, based on what the Judge Guidelines state.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds