file Dance Macabre requirements

09 Jan 2014 16:41 #58427 by Jeff Kuta

The whole "color" aspect is antithetical to trying to get the VEKN proxy cards accepted anyway. Silly VEKN, shooting itself in the foot again.

Oh...really? Great wisdom Mr. Jeff, as always.

Yes, really. Not everyone has access to a color printer. It seems the VEKN has placed a higher priority on appearances of the cards, rather than trying to gain wider acceptance of them by allowing quality black and white prints. It is an unnecessary impediment.

Clearly there are other people out there who think the same way. And clearly there are those who are gonna follow the rules just because someone else said so.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2014 16:56 #58428 by Jeff Kuta

This from the people trying to get cards accepted into the game by:

- printing them with an email address on them, not a picture, ignoring the fact that that makes them nigh-on impossible to identify cross-table. See the initial playtest of V:TES, for example, where cards were printed with clip-art to avoid this.

I find it much more useful to identify and remember a card by its name rather than by its art. You may recall that many popular cards have multiple artworks and layouts.

But paying attention to, you know, actual game-play problems is apparently not something PCK cares about, what with re-introducing seat switchers. It's like PCK systematically ignored everything anyone had ever learned about V:TES ever.

I again invite the VTES community to check out the PCK Laibon set--Champions of Cagn--and decide for yourself.

pckvtes.wordpress.com/2013/10/29/champions-of-cagn-unbound/

- sending cease-and-desist letters to people to stop them being accepted. Literally no-one can ever accept your cards, because we know that if people are mean to you, you send them legal threats.

Quite a broad generalization. The letter didn't go to "people". It went to specific people with a specific purpose. Glad it helped the VEKN clean up its act.

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
09 Jan 2014 17:06 #58429 by Jeff Kuta

Jeff, I heard a vicious rumor that you used Danse Macabre cards in your last tournament deck from a few weeks back. Say it ain't so.

Yes. It was in the tournament report. I was trying to prove a point. I think some cards, in particular Recruitment Exercise and Instantaneous Transformation, are overpowered and don't fix problems with VTES. They only make some problems worse. I made my deck the night before, had never played with those cards previously and nearly won the tournament with them.

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
09 Jan 2014 17:41 - 09 Jan 2014 17:41 #58433 by Pascal Bertrand

This from the people trying to get cards accepted into the game by:

- printing them with an email address on them, not a picture, ignoring the fact that that makes them nigh-on impossible to identify cross-table. See the initial playtest of V:TES, for example, where cards were printed with clip-art to avoid this.

I find it much more useful to identify and remember a card by its name rather than by its art. You may recall that many popular cards have multiple artworks and layouts.

The VEKN decided that colour prints would be required, not only to keep visual coherence of all cards - trying to learn V:tES with Jyhad cards is a real pain, whereas it's way simpler with KoT cards, simply because "the political actions are yellow, the combat cards are red, the reactions are blue, and the masters are green" is way simpler than "check the little box in the corner, if it has 2 triangles going in opposite directions, it's an action, if the triangles are empty, it's a modifier, if it's a single huge arrow, its a reaction, ..." - but also because it is a way for us to thank the volunteers who put efforts in realizing the artworks.

I don't want to encourage "whatever the artwork, I'll just play the text" behaviours.
Last edit: 09 Jan 2014 17:41 by Pascal Bertrand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Pendargon, dessu

More
09 Jan 2014 19:37 #58438 by Hakuron

[...]
Finally, we have some new cards, some players are playing V:tES more enthusiastically again – and then a tournament organiser or judge should be forced to punish a player who maybe is just lazy?

How about starting with some kind of warning/caution first that has to be reported in the Archon file, so a player has a chance to "improve" his cards until the next tournament? So punishment is only enforced if the same player is using inferior prints again? Maybe until April or July, as a period of transition?
[...]

After a lot of "off-topic stuff", I would like to come back to the topic, okay?
(So, please, responses with responsibility, thanks to all of you!)
;)

Ben suggests that the organiser brings along enough good printouts (and some scissors). This way "good Danse Macabre printouts" would be our new promo cards. Well, why not? But how much is enough? And is this really the way how it should be?

(I personally favour good or even high quality colour printouts so they somehow match with the cards.)

:tore:

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

More
09 Jan 2014 22:04 - 09 Jan 2014 22:05 #58442 by Lönkka

Yes, really. Not everyone has access to a color printer.

Yeah, sure.
Next thing you'll be saying that not everyone have cell phones either.

I bet in your neck of wood EVERY vtes player has access to Kinkos or somesuch printing company...

Ah, BTW nice to notice that you still just can't stop poking at people/VEKN regarding your stint at the designer team and the stupidity that ensued. Nor hyping up the cards you and your PCP (or whatever) buddies made.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 09 Jan 2014 22:05 by Lönkka.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds