file Pre-Range

05 Oct 2015 06:08 #73500 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Pre-Range
Thanks to everyone. As I said, the VEKN team and volunteers are working on new material to introduce the game to new players and to explain the rules differently. I hope this will clear up future issues.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Oct 2015 07:30 #73501 by Blooded Sand
Replied by Blooded Sand on topic Re: Pre-Range

I have only edited one post in the entire line of posts and it was to correct a typo. It was my third post in this chain. I do not understand where you think I was trying to attack anyone.

I can maybe see how my rhetoric in my fifth post could be condsidered agressive (an unedited post), but looking at the posting history I don't feel I was attacking anyone even by proxy. If you can point it out to me and want to post it here or pm me so I can avoid these kinds of miscommunications that would be great. In addition, if I did so then I am sorry.

OK i took that to strongly then, no worries, thanks mate. Glad its clear now. I do (and have since the start of the thread) agreed it could be clearer, but it is not unclear nor ambiguous in its current form

:assa: :flight: :QUI: :OBF: :POT: :FOR: :TEM: :DOM:

More
06 Oct 2015 21:18 #73533 by TwoRazorReign
Replied by TwoRazorReign on topic Re: Pre-Range

Some newer players, not all, by any means. So because SOME people choose to use bicycles to drive over cliffs, I should ban all bicycles? Because some people are incapable of comprehending logic, logic should be discarded as a tool?

Haha! I like this response. Funny!

If you are, frankly, silly enough to take a single rule in a rulebook out of context, you are playing the wrong game, and should become a politician instead. Or maybe an anti-vax campaigner

Well, I like to be a little more fair to newer players than that. I don't think newer players are misinterpreting rules because they are silly and are unable to follow logic. They misinterpret rules because they haven't fully absorbed the extremely complex rules to this extremely complex game yet. And I would argue that in certain places, the rulebook could use clearer language to help them absorb the rules better.

More
06 Oct 2015 21:24 - 06 Oct 2015 21:24 #73534 by TwoRazorReign
Replied by TwoRazorReign on topic Re: Pre-Range

Thanks to everyone. As I said, the VEKN team and volunteers are working on new material to introduce the game to new players and to explain the rules differently. I hope this will clear up future issues.

Thank you! As an aside, I believe it would be a good idea to condense and add this post from 2011 to the detailed play summary.

www.vekn.net/forum/6-rules-questions/10649-impulse-the-as-played-window-and-you

It really clears up how passing the impulse works. I know the current thread was specifically about combat, but there should be a better overall illustration of sequencing, and the linked thread is fantastic.
Last edit: 06 Oct 2015 21:24 by TwoRazorReign.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Squidalot, self biased

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds