question-circle Tariq Merge during influence phase

24 May 2019 07:05 - 24 May 2019 07:06 #95061 by Ankha

Cardtext doesn't apply while uncontrolled. [Valerius Maior]'s capacity 7 while uncontrolled.

This also means that merged Valerius can be the target of Tend the Flock, since the text to remove his Infernal trait is moot, correct?

Not quite: "Independent: Valerius becomes non-infernal and non-Red List as he merges."
The change is one-shot and permanent ("becomes"). If for some reason his text were blank after he merged, he would still be non-infernal and non-Red List. While uncontrolled, it's the same.
A vampire becoming Anarch using the rulebook action would still be Anarch while uncontrolled. Barbaro Lucchese who would change clan would be Tremere antitribu while uncontrolled.

Also, a vampire keeps his traits while uncontrolled, I think it should be clarified in the rulebook.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 24 May 2019 07:06 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kschaefer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 May 2019 10:39 - 24 May 2019 11:19 #95062 by Mewcat
Clarify what you mean by traits please. I do not find that word in the rulebook. Infernal is described in special terms so that makes infernal a special term I guess.

Also how does ivan krenyenko work when equipment like palatial estate are just equipment until in play?
Last edit: 24 May 2019 11:19 by Mewcat.

More
24 May 2019 11:37 #95063 by Ankha

Clarify what you mean by traits please. I do not find that word in the rulebook. Infernal is described in special terms so that makes infernal a special term I guess.[/qipte
As I said, "I think it should be clarified in the rulebook.". But basically, traits is everything that is not a sentence nor a bonus/malus.
For instance, "Black Hand" is a trait. "+1 stealth." is not.

Also how does ivan krenyenko work when equipment like palatial estate are just equipment until in play?

As it is written: "non-location equipment" is a shortcut for "equipment that are not location while in play". It could be clarified too, but it's trivial at this point.

Prince of Paris, France

More
24 May 2019 11:52 - 24 May 2019 12:06 #95064 by Mewcat
Based on the actual wording on these cards I see no reason for them to work like that. Specifically they are worded to not interact at all, as it stands.

They are just equipment while is deck. No trait, keyword, or term exists to clarify them. Cards dont have text in deck and if it did the text here specifically says that it is just equipment.
Last edit: 24 May 2019 12:06 by Mewcat.

More
24 May 2019 14:03 #95066 by Ankha

Based on the actual wording on these cards I see no reason for them to work like that. Specifically they are worded to not interact at all, as it stands.

I know, but based on common sense, the only equipment cards that are locations are these kind of cards.

They are just equipment while is deck. No trait, keyword, or term exists to clarify them. Cards dont have text in deck and if it did the text here specifically says that it is just equipment.

Consider this to be an exception.

Prince of Paris, France

More
24 May 2019 14:38 #95067 by Mewcat
I hope u can appreciate how frustrating it is when sometimes cards do what they say even when that doesn't make any sense and other times they dont do what they say to make sense of it.

You argue that the rules are consistant always. I see no such thing.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds