file Worst card?

17 Nov 2011 00:39 #14664 by Smaul
Replied by Smaul on topic Re: Worst card?
Yes in drago's hands the card is so OP.
Next card:

Conflict of Interests
really useful XD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Nov 2011 00:50 #14666 by Adonai
Replied by Adonai on topic Re: Worst card?

Channeling the Beast(the best combat card ever)

There is no better combat card for Temptation decks that want their victims to end up in torpor or at least guaranteed empty and hunting.

Going to block your own vampire coming back to bleed you and expect hands for one by both? Ha ha! Two damage to both! :)

More
17 Nov 2011 04:17 #14687 by Joscha
Replied by Joscha on topic Re: Worst card?

I take back what I said about Becoming of Ennoia. Someone just pointed out to me that it was NOT the playtesters who didn't catch the bad wording on BoE, it was LSJ who must have changed it, since the last playtest round of materials has BoE's text as "Requires at least two other Gehenna cards in play."

Which is what it SHOULD say. ;)

Funny, we always played it that way. Nobody carefully read what it says at the beginning. For us it was clear it needs two Gehenna cards in play regardless who played them.

Baron of Frankfurt

More
17 Nov 2011 07:41 - 17 Nov 2011 07:43 #14698 by Lemminkäinen
Replied by Lemminkäinen on topic Re: Worst card?
On the Vampire front, Miguel Cordovera is pretty horrid:

Tremere
Capacity: 6
Group: 5
AUS DOM POT THA
Camarilla: During your predator's minion phase, your predator may burn a pool to untap and take control of Miguel until the end of the minion phase. +1 bleed.

Giving your predator a vampire with four superior disciplines - what are the odds that he doesn't play at least some of those?

Violet Tremain is also pretty bad:

Tzimisce
Group: 2
dom pre tha vic
Sabbat bishop: If Violet successfully inflicts at least 2 hand damage to an opposing vampire in a combat, reduce that vampire's capacity by 1 at the end of combat. (A vampire's capacity cannot be reduced below 1).

Sheesh.

On the library side of things, Igoli's Loyalty. What were they thinking?? Giving your prey pool for emptying your own vampire?? It's bizarre. I mean, yeah, coupled with Awe and Voter Cap there's a hint of an idea there, but even then it's usually just a free pool for everyone at the table but you (since emptying with Awe should mean that you get your vote through).
Last edit: 17 Nov 2011 07:43 by Lemminkäinen.

More
17 Nov 2011 08:53 #14711 by Azel
Replied by Azel on topic Re: Worst card?
Igoli's not bad. Great at no opposing title tables. And also forces all of another Meth's votes to come to your side. Can't be suddenly screwed by a Scalpel Tongue and the like (such as Irregular Protocol! tee hee, now that's a funny swing card! Smudge Irregular Protocol's your Awe-ing big voter, tee hee!).

Now, besides unplayable cards, which BoE definitely takes the cake on that one, I like to highlight horrible cards that hurt you to play. I'm still trying to scry the secrets about Three Star Cab Company, hitting yourself for 3 pool, vulnerable because it's still a location, and waiting for the "slow ascendance" or delay reaction HG, is mighty questionable to me. However, if I ever played a theme deck, that slow ascendance aspect will be my "Stairway to Heaven" intro...

More
17 Nov 2011 10:58 #14728 by Joscha
Replied by Joscha on topic Re: Worst card?

On the Vampire front, Miguel Cordovera is pretty horrid:

Tremere
Group: 5
AUS DOM POT THA
Camarilla: During your predator's minion phase, your predator may burn a pool to untap and take control of Miguel until the end of the minion phase. +1 bleed.

Giving your predator a vampire with four superior disciplines - what are the odds that he doesn't play at least some of those?

I thought about Miguel too. But on the other hand he is a very solid vampire which you can make good use of too. I'm still unsure if he isn't worth it. Bad thing is your predator even can diablerize with him somebody. That would be really bad.

Baron of Frankfurt

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds