file Worst card?

17 Nov 2011 11:07 #14731 by Pendargon
Replied by Pendargon on topic Re: Worst card?
I have to agree, Miguel is simply the worst of the bunch... If he could only bleed, he would be bad, but as he can diablerize, Rescue, take d actions gainst everybody... He is never, never seeing any play, i guess even less than Apolonius :-D

As a card, i nominate this awesome political combo of never used cards:

Regaining the Upper Hand, Political Action,
Choose a Methuselah. Successful {referendum} means the chosen Methuselah gets the Edge.

Code of Milan Suspended, Political Action,
{Requires a} Sabbat vampire. Select the Methuselah with the Edge. If this referendum is successful, that Methuselah burns 1 pool.

Haha, what a combo!!!

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Nov 2011 16:46 #14762 by echiang
Replied by echiang on topic Re: Worst card?

Choose a Methuselah. Successful {referendum} means the chosen Methuselah gets the Edge.

Regaining the Upper Hand has its uses in a Form of Corruption deck (especially if your prey is hesitant to bleed because he doesn' want the Edge).

Less useful, but you can also use it to manipulate who ends up with the Curse of Nitocris.

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
17 Nov 2011 17:37 #14777 by derjudge
Replied by derjudge on topic Re: Worst card?

Channeling the Beast(the best combat card ever)

There is no better combat card for Temptation decks that want their victims to end up in torpor or at least guaranteed empty and hunting.

Going to block your own vampire coming back to bleed you and expect hands for one by both? Ha ha! Two damage to both! :)

I prefer trap in those deck. And this is combo with other serpentis card like thyphonic beast.

More
17 Nov 2011 20:20 #14808 by ICL
Replied by ICL on topic Re: Worst card?

Code of Milan Suspended, Political Action,
{Requires a} Sabbat vampire. Select the Methuselah with the Edge. If this referendum is successful, that Methuselah burns 1 pool.

Haha, what a combo!!!

While I don't recall playing with Code of Milan Suspended, "dumb" votes can be used to distract from what your deck is really about. I had success with this strategy in the past. In comparison, bad votes are much easier to cycle with less true cost than certain other cards. Better to call a vote that fails to do anything whether it passes or not or bring out an ally that costs 4 pool and does nothing, for instance?

As for Regaining the Upper Hand, I've played it. In one case, where I was playing a deck built around it, my prey Sensory Deprivationed three of my vampires. Neither of us did well that game.

More
17 Nov 2011 20:44 #14809 by Pendargon
Replied by Pendargon on topic Re: Worst card?

As for Regaining the Upper Hand, I've played it. In one case, where I was playing a deck built around it, my prey Sensory Deprivationed three of my vampires. Neither of us did well that game.

Hey, i get the man, you must have been a real table threat, eh?? :laugh: :laugh:

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

More
17 Nov 2011 21:05 - 17 Nov 2011 21:08 #14811 by bakija
Replied by bakija on topic Re: Worst card?

When we play tested tortured confession, it also prevented the tortured vampire from going to torpor. Now THAT was a sucky card.

Yeah, my sentimental favorite for Worst Card Ever is, in fact, Tortured Confessions*. As it isn't just generally bad, but it takes so many words to be bad. And the amount of effort that went into getting it from completely, utterly horrible in playtest to just plain bad was immense (i.e. the amount of verbiage and discussion that went into getting an incredibly monumentally horrible card to become just a very bad one is ridiculous).

(* To be fair, while Tortured Confessions is pretty bad, it is still playable in a lot of decks and does have at least a beneficial effect; there are certainly other cards that are less playable or have less of a beneficial effect. But they also aren't as fun to dislike.)

I think, still, the far and away worst vampire in the game is Miguel Cordovera:

Miguel Cordovera

Tremere
Capacity: 6
Group: 5

AUS, DOM, POT, THA

Camarilla: During your predator's minion phase, your predator may burn a pool to untap and take control of Miguel until the end of the minion phase. +1 bleed.

Unless someone has recently come up with a crazy super cool trick plan for him that I haven't seen yet. Yeah, good disciplines and +1 bleed for 6 capacity. But you also get to give your predator a 6 cap vampire with very good disciplines and +1 bleed for a pool a turn. Yeah, you could pack your deck full of Diamond Thunderbolts (but if you are gonna do that, use Sonja Blue instead, who is a much better deal), but that is simply too much work for a discipline spread that you can get mostly elsewhere without the insane hoop jumping (POT/AUS and POT/DOM are easy at 6+; POT/THA comes on Vauxhaul and Sardenzo as 7 caps, and they both have dominate as well).

All other bad vampires are either just kind of underwhelming (all the G1 guys with +1 strength and +1 bleed; the AH vampires that are just arbitrarily under-disciplined like Judah and Nakova) but still playable or very corner case and require a tricksy deck to make using them worth it, but at least they are generally worth the effort (Sonja Blue). Miguel seems like a bad idea in pretty much any situation. Unless you want to:

A) Put him in play.
B ) Somehow get your predator to play Seeds of Corruption on him.
Last edit: 17 Nov 2011 21:08 by bakija.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds