file On Ashur Tablets 2. "problematic card"

16 Nov 2011 22:18 #14654 by Louhi
PRO

Somewhat fragile mechanic suited for certain decks. Only drawback is that it takes time for people to dig through the ash heap and make up their minds. Rejoice in the fact that another archetype is available in competitive play!

Lidingö Scourge
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Nov 2011 00:12 #14659 by Xaddam
PRO

Requires multiple MPAs to have any significant effect and all sources of these are unique (save Rumours of Gehenna, which can be voted away). Even if you're not contesting Cybele or Anson, the Ashurs are still really bad to compete for; either you run the risk of wasting cards and MPAs or you have to make a deal which is at least somewhat non-beneficial for you.

If this makes tables time out, players need to learn to play with them. Any more than 3 minutes to decide is likely due of lack of experience or lack of brains. Same as imbued or aus weenie, you gotta play fast for two hours to win.

The pool-gain is a non-issue. It might be unwarranted on an already strong card, but it should not pose a problem for any predator. If you actually cannot damage your prey faster than 3 pool each round your deck will only win by chance, never by virtue of the deck or your skill.

Adam Esbjörnsson,
Prince of Örebro
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

More
17 Nov 2011 01:37 #14675 by Brum
Another reason this this card is useful (I can't believe I'm saying this) is as a tool for combat decks.
Ash heap recursion was usually just for :NEC: or :giov: .
Now everyone can have this recursion that is much less effective and is almost impossible to use with Liquidation if you don't have extra MPAs.

I like it the way it is.

More
17 Nov 2011 08:08 #14704 by Jussi
PRO,

Xaddam & Brom said it.

!bruj! :CEL: :POT: :PRE: :cap6:
----
Banging trashcans, breaking windows
We'll wake you up tonight

We like the good time, we scream and shout
And that's what fun's about
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum

More
17 Nov 2011 08:23 #14706 by alek
CONTRA
Generally it should stay because it has bringed to life a lot of new decks. But I see 2 problems with it. One is significantly more timeouts caused by mass use of this card, another is "recurion for everybody". What point in playing Gio or Necromancy if anyone can play ashur tablets? I would suggest small change to it, like removing a clause about one card return to hand.

More
17 Nov 2011 08:59 #14714 by Lönkka
CONTRA
Too genneric way for everyone to get recursion whcih previously was extremely exclusive.

Combine that with (small) bloodgain it introduces and you have a problem which isn't nearly balanced by the drawback that you might have to race some other guy with his Ashurs as well as stack a big chunk of these to fill up your Master slots.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds