file On Ashur Tablets 2. "problematic card"

16 Nov 2011 16:23 - 16 Nov 2011 16:24 #14585 by Boris The Blade

CONTRA

Taking repeatedly the same Sudden or DI into hand is very annoying.

Note that Anthelios is much worse than Ashur Tablets to that regard.

It synergizes too well with MMPAs.

I am going to repeat myself: MMPAs are the problem, not any particular master card. Like we got Scourge of the Enochians against swarm decks, we need a hoser against MMPA decks.
Last edit: 16 Nov 2011 16:24 by Boris The Blade.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Nov 2011 18:21 #14604 by Lech
CONTRA

Only alowing minion cards would make it less abusive, and it would hose liquidation+ashur as you can't fetch discarded ashurs back (and also bringing back DI or Giant's Blood or another crucial master is too strong).

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
16 Nov 2011 18:27 #14607 by Brum

I am going to repeat myself: MMPAs are the problem, not any particular master card. Like we got Scourge of the Enochians against swarm decks, we need a hoser against MMPA decks.

Any type of Rush Combat, Arson, Sudden Reversal, Wash, the Parthenon, Disputed Territory, Revolutionary Council...
I'm not going into disciplines. It would be too boring.

Obviously I'm pro Ashur Tablets. And every other of the cards.
Scott saw the Girl's deck and didn't do anything about it.
I cannot see why would he.

More
16 Nov 2011 18:37 #14609 by brandonsantacruz
PRO
Ashurs are not very card efficient. If you spend your deck and your MPAs sorting through your deck, fine. At MOST Ashurs will give you three pool/turn and let you adjust your deck, but that trick is very ashur-intensive and infrastructure-intensive.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum, Juggernaut1981

More
16 Nov 2011 19:09 #14616 by PetriWessman
(weak) CONTRA

It's simply a bit too strong, especially with multiple master phase actions available. Recursion is very strong effect, and this card has no restrictions in its use.

I'd say a small nerf is needed. Maybe remove the ability to take one of the cards into your hand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amenophobis

More
16 Nov 2011 20:17 #14638 by Izaak
I think Ashur Tablets are fine.

I also believe that everyone who says they are broken don't really have a good grasp on how they actually work and how they influence cardflow in a deck and how useful they are in practice.

If you think Ashur+Liquidation is broken, I suggest playing it once and see how fragile your deck is before you have hit 2 Ashur combo's.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981, Hakuron

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds