question-circle What should be done with Reversal of Fortune?

09 Apr 2012 07:14 #27483 by Pendargon
i never actually seen it win. It did annoy people, but much less than , in my experience, Una freakshow does, or any soul gem deck...

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2012 07:42 #27490 by Ohlmann

i never actually seen it win. It did annoy people, but much less than , in my experience, Una freakshow does, or any soul gem deck...

I tend to agree. We begin by banning Reversal of Fortune, then Tupdog, then every fun-but-exploitable card.

I also agree that multi acting with "infinite" freak show is a problem. But it hard to say that putting a limit of, say, 3 action per minion per turn, would worth the hassle, or broad enough to stop the playing alone deck.

More
09 Apr 2012 08:33 #27507 by Izaak
Neither Reversal of Fortune nor Tupdog qualify as a "fun" card by any sort of standards.

Both cards are only capable of making games unfun for someone or everyone else.

And free VPs happen. The only other option is to ban bad players from tournaments, and I for sure don't want to be banned from tournaments

No, the solution is to make bad, but game-destroying decks even worse so that even bad players recognize that they should not play those bad decks, which would make them play other decks which will inevitably make them better players.

On top of that cards that require several pages and threads of clarifications and rulings should be banned too. Mask of a Thousand Faces springs to mind. Rötschrek does as well. I'm sure there's a few more (Groundfighting... lol!)

And then there is also Direct Intervention and its modernized equivalent Dark Influences whose sole existance makes high-stakes games an endless repetition of "DI?" "DI?" "DI?" "DI?" "DI?" on EVERY GODFORSAKEN CARD that's being played.

There's a lot more stuff that needs fixing if National Championship level games and up are ever going to be somewhat more interesting and -omg- FUN TO PLAY. Unfortunately our new rulemonger seems rather conservative in his decisions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur, Surreal

More
09 Apr 2012 08:38 #27509 by Haze
compare to the Rachel Brandywine decks where she gets Madness Network and Homunculus and bleeds for 10+ per turn cycle.

the real problem card with these combos is the Madness Network, not Reversal of Fortunes or Homunculus.

More
09 Apr 2012 09:42 #27514 by Ohlmann

Neither Reversal of Fortune nor Tupdog qualify as a "fun" card by any sort of standards.

For you. Both have fun and zany effect ; it's when you try to play them as your main strategy that problems occurs. One tupdog or one Reversa won't completely wreak havic on your game ; it's when you see your first three vampires destroyed by a tupdog that there is a problem.

On top of that cards that require several pages and threads of clarifications and rulings should be banned too. Mask of a Thousand Faces springs to mind. Rötschrek does as well. I'm sure there's a few more (Groundfighting... lol!)

I tend to agree. Good idea, poor execution.

More
09 Apr 2012 12:50 #27524 by Klaital
If you are having problems with Tupdogs (or any rush decks for that matter, tupdogs aren't really any worse than say weenie potence) then play more combat defense.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds