file The Vignes test (and variations in meta)

03 May 2012 04:31 #29341 by Ohlmann

Except they are never all 8-caps, it's hardly an exaggeration. Which is why the OP wanted to know what other metas look like, if this test is relevant in other playgroups or not (or if you have the beast test or such)

You're right, because I had originally read the post as "survive 5 or 6 round with 4 vampires bleeding for 6+" instead of one round.

It's still a perfect situation for your predator, what with him rawing the good amount of each card and all. The main thing I would deducte is the fact that peoples let power bleeder build up if this happen with any amount of regularity :p

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2012 05:26 #29344 by Lemminkäinen
Is a possible answer to the Vignes test that "I can catch two Governs down per round from your predator and still do something to your prey"? Because if you can do that, then you won't ever be in the situation described in the Vignes test.

More
03 May 2012 06:40 #29349 by Juggernaut1981
Actually, most of the Vignes type decks I've seen use the Fortitude to get their actions through when needed.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
03 May 2012 06:42 #29350 by Ashur

Actually, most of the Vignes type decks I've seen use the Fortitude to get their actions through when needed.

You don´t wanna use Daring unless it´s for the actual oust right?

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
03 May 2012 06:46 #29351 by Ashur

Is a possible answer to the Vignes test that "I can catch two Governs down per round from your predator and still do something to your prey"? Because if you can do that, then you won't ever be in the situation described in the Vignes test.

This is a nice answer. Preventing those 2 Governs makes it much less likely that you have 4 DOM-vamps in your back by turn 5.

Otherwise bounce is of course effective. It´s kind of sad that it´s the best way to survive AND in the same time hurting your prey.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
03 May 2012 06:50 #29352 by Ohlmann

While a compelling reason not to let himself go down to 6 pool or less, there is a point where you can just accept that nothing can be done. If your opponent have 4 vampires, and 4 govern, 4 conditionning, 4 daring in the same turn, there is no much that can save you. Except 4 deflections ;)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds