file The Vignes test (and variations in meta)

02 May 2012 19:24 #29326 by Juggernaut1981
All this mindset proves is this:

Tap & Bleed with midcaps is still one of the strongest things in the game because :DOM: is too good at ousting and there are few ways around the other cards available to Ventrue.

If you're worried about the survivability of your deck, make it deal with a 3-bleed @ 2s in the first round, 2x 3-bleed @2s and so on until you are dealing with 4x 3-bleed @ 2s. That mimics both Weenie Dem bleed and Stealth KRC at the same time.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 May 2012 19:28 #29327 by Ohlmann

Tap & Bleed with midcaps is still one of the strongest things in the game because :DOM: is too good at ousting and there are few ways around the other cards available to Ventrue.

Well, Deflection is more or less the point where :DOM: go from powerful and very useful to downright crazy. So, the best all around solution against :DOM: is :dom: ?

More
02 May 2012 19:28 - 02 May 2012 19:28 #29328 by Surreal

What do you mean? Is it you that have 10 Majesty in your hand? They you have trouble. What kind of deck is that, with 10 Majesty-hands?

I think that deck tries to oust with sarcasm. But I think Vignes test can be good. Just ask yourself more generally how I will manage heavy bleed deck as my predator as first question when building a deck. If there is no good answer for that then make a new deck. Salmon rush my predator to oblivion doesn't count as a very good answer because just barely surviving doesn't count as winning.
Last edit: 02 May 2012 19:28 by Surreal.

More
02 May 2012 19:34 #29330 by Ohlmann

What do you mean? Is it you that have 10 Majesty in your hand? They you have trouble. What kind of deck is that, with 10 Majesty-hands?

More of an exageration, like the original post. The original test is more or less "you let your predator have 4 full 8-cap minions with :DOM:, what do you do ?", so other variation will also be kind of over the top.

More
02 May 2012 19:37 - 02 May 2012 19:38 #29331 by Surreal

Well, Deflection is more or less the point where :DOM: go from powerful and very useful to downright crazy. So, the best all around solution against :DOM: is :dom: ?

Well yea :dom: is maybe the best offensive, defensive and building up discpline in the game splashed with good control cards also (Mind Rape). Nothing new with that. Best defense card is when it also works as offense. Deflection makes your predators offense part of your offense.

Totally other discussion is if this would have to be changed. I feel game can be balanced even when one dicspline is totally crazy and I feel damage has been already done. Whole game works quite good. There are always losers (poor gangrel anti) when discplines doesn't work together but anyway there are already many different good decks also in tournaments but this is belongs to other topics.
Last edit: 02 May 2012 19:38 by Surreal.

More
02 May 2012 20:10 #29338 by Louhi

More of an exageration, like the original post. The original test is more or less "you let your predator have 4 full 8-cap minions with :DOM:, what do you do ?", so other variation will also be kind of over the top.

Except they are never all 8-caps, it's hardly an exaggeration. Which is why the OP wanted to know what other metas look like, if this test is relevant in other playgroups or not (or if you have the beast test or such)

Lidingö Scourge

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds