file What do you do when you will get 0 vp's?

19 Jun 2012 20:44 #32300 by Kushiel
In a casual game? Shrug and start shuffling the next deck I'll be playing.

In a tournament game? Squint hard at the person who suggested that I've got no chance of getting any more VPs and do my best to prove them wrong.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jun 2012 08:46 #32316 by Haze
team up with anyone else who also feels like they're in a 0 VP situation. together we'll make the table suffer.

More
20 Jun 2012 10:09 #32318 by Squidalot

While my truthful answer is closer to what Jeff Kuta posted, isn't the correct answer "I try to make sure someone sweeps the table, gathering all the VPs and therefore maximizing any VPs I will or may have already earned in the tournament."?

RED

No because that explict reasoning is an out of game consideration.

Tournament result (so either vps gained already or tps) are irrelevant to your current game and aren't supposed to imapct your decisioning.
You may get to the same end result in another way however.

More
20 Jun 2012 13:26 #32324 by drnlmza
Personally, when I feel my position's hopeless, my behaviour is at least partly influenced by factors such as "being ousted now will give me 30 minutes to grab lunch", "Table X has had 3 players ousted, we can get in a quick 4 player game where I can try deck Y" or "Z's already gone on a food run, so I may as well stick around and annoy people".

--
National Coordinator
South Africa

More
20 Jun 2012 14:08 - 20 Jun 2012 14:08 #32325 by Boris The Blade
How about getting ousted as fast as possible to have more time for lurking?
Last edit: 20 Jun 2012 14:08 by Boris The Blade.

More
20 Jun 2012 15:34 #32326 by ReverendRevolver
retribution for occurrences in the current game should typically be second only to trying to cock-roach your way into .5 vps.
however, even if it is an out of game consideration, playing king maker in an early round of a tournament may be the optimal decision, if it coincides with the current game state and your own playing for anything other than self oust (playing to win is .5vp or shy of that, be the last one ousted by the person taking the gw if you can't get any vp's)

afterall, setting up a deck you can deal with in finals more easily than another one who has went out of their way to salt you in the current game is an all-around victory, or as close as you can get to one, in a situation where you can't win.

but in a final that has no bearing, and whoever is the last one there wins if the table doesn't time out, so i will always opt to cock-roach, at any cost, and try to prepare for making a real impact when the game state shifts and i've been ignored.

instances where you are completely out of chances and have the ability to impact the game are rare, and normally its archon an IC member govern bleeding you via recklessness and a bounce, or make your predator tap slightly more minions to bleed you out and try blocking the bounced bleed.
any time i've been able to make huge gaem swinging differences, i could also stay alive, make deals, and not get ousted, and therefore maximize vps (meaning .5 vp...) if i was n a position to matter at the table.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds