file Which clan has the best set of vampires within one group?

10 Dec 2012 20:31 #42664 by Poci
The G2 Lasombra and Tzimisce are damn powerful! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Dec 2012 20:34 - 11 Dec 2012 00:08 #42665 by ICL

Which clan has the best set of vampires within one group? Why? I think it would be fun to hear your opinions.

I thought it would be interesting to look at each group and pick out clans where I felt a sense of draw or identity was produced by the options available. Hardly say these are the best ever, everything is relative to what the clans can provide throughout all groups and the like, and certain clans show up multiple times (and I ignored Imbued as well as other clanless).

Group 1

2. Malkavian
3. Toreador
1. Ventrue

Ventrue - Breadth of quality, consistency.

Group 2

2. Brujah
9. Followers of Set
6. Gangrel
5. Giovanni
7. Lasombra
4. Ravnos
1. Samedi
3. Tzimisce
8. Ventrue

Samedi - Would there be any Samedi decks without group 2? Only for masochists.
Brujah - The core of what made Brujah at all competitive as a clan forever.

Group 3

Some get close, like Tremere and !Ventrue to being notable, but really, group 3 is so easily mixed with other groups that it is hard to establish an identity.

Group 4

2. Followers of Set
1. Lasombra
3. Tremere antitribu

I would judge 1. and 2. to be close, with neither being all that defining. Lasombra for the midcap bleed efficiency. FoS for the midcap ... bleed efficiency (bolstered by Dominate). Trem anti only makes this list because there are numerous defining parts, even if those parts don't necessarily get played together.

Group 5

2. Baali
1. Brujah
3. Malkavian

Brujah finally tear themselves away from Dominate. Nergal often plays with other groups these days, but he did a lot on his own for a while. Group 5 Malks actually have solid depth if you are willing to overpay a bit for your stealth bleed and Santaleous is almost "extra master phase action" broken.

Group 6

2. Baali
1. Salubri
3. True Brujah

Crazy quality of specials on Salubri throughout. The best Trujah may be group 5, but group 6 holds together to some degree.

Edit-
Reorder for those who hate alphabetical. :whistle:
Group 1

1. Ventrue
2. Malkavian
3. Toreador

Group 2

1. Samedi
2. Brujah
3. Tzimisce
4. Ravnos
5. Giovanni
6. Gangrel
7. Lasombra
8. Ventrue
9. Followers of Set

Group 4

1. Lasombra
2. Followers of Set
3. Tremere antitribu

Group 5

1. Brujah
2. Baali
3. Malkavian

Group 6

1. Salubri
2. Baali
3. True Brujah
Last edit: 11 Dec 2012 00:08 by ICL.

More
10 Dec 2012 20:56 #42669 by Reyda
sorry ICL but it's quite annoying to read. When you make a list, why not go 1,2,3 or ascending 3,2,1 ? Cardinal order is here for something...

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier

More
10 Dec 2012 23:07 - 10 Dec 2012 23:08 #42672 by TorranceCircle

Group 1

3. Toreador
1. Ventrue

Ventrue - Breadth of quality, consistency.

In my heart I want to say Toreador are the best. Ventrue, however, have those three midcap princes these Venture appeal to even me.

Group 2

7. Lasombra

Samedi - Would there be any Samedi decks without group 2? Only for masochists.
Brujah - The core of what made Brujah at all competitive as a clan forever.

I have been thinking of a Samedi deck for group 4. I don't have any of group 2 except the Baron. I will have to check out group 2. Lasombra #7?

Group 4

2. Followers of Set
1. Lasombra
3. Tremere antitribu

I would judge 1. and 2. to be close, with neither being all that defining. Lasombra for the midcap bleed efficiency. FoS for the midcap ... bleed efficiency (bolstered by Dominate). Trem anti only makes this list because there are numerous defining parts, even if those parts don't necessarily get played together..

Kyasid have pretty good bleed in this group. These other three clans, I'll have to look at again. Perhaps it will spawn more deck ideas for me.

Group 6

2. Baali

I have been wanting to make baali vote for some time. I really like group 6 Baali because I enjoy voting from time to time.
Last edit: 10 Dec 2012 23:08 by TorranceCircle.

More
10 Dec 2012 23:10 - 10 Dec 2012 23:22 #42673 by TorranceCircle
Reyda you are a very experienced player. I would enjoy reading your response to my question.

Edit: HAHA! Never mind. I just read your responses on page two. I like the Ravnos in group 2 also. I have a group 2 Ravnos deck that is very fun but has serious pool management issues. I like the deck but should modify it to be more resilient. I probably won't though.
Last edit: 10 Dec 2012 23:22 by TorranceCircle.

More
10 Dec 2012 23:14 - 10 Dec 2012 23:15 #42674 by TorranceCircle

Anson is a broken set of vampires on his own.

I actually have a new deck with Anson that I just need to throw together. For as good as he is, I have always shied away from playing him for fear of contestation. I decided to get over it and use him anyway!
Last edit: 10 Dec 2012 23:15 by TorranceCircle.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds