file Which clan has the best set of vampires within one group?

27 Dec 2012 05:30 #43314 by Haze
G1 ponies were pretty cool, but everyone knows G4 ponies have the best discipline spread

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Dec 2012 06:31 #43359 by Klaital

Ive tried g4-5 samedi for about 2 years. They just arent as good at winning as 2-3. Tangine and abebe get torped, and troglodytia costs too much.

Why would you use Troglodytia anyway? Focus on Morlock and Baroque, with Abebe, Tangine, and Macoute as support. You can use either Spiritual Interventions or Dust to Dusts (or a combination of both) for combat defense.

I thought i had replied to this but my phone is terrible and hates me. So:

Troggy makes more milage per little mountain cemetary, and enables bounce. Without her, i found myself relying on macoute heavily since baroque and morlock were the big players then. Tangine and abebe both are junk if any combat comes your way midgame. Dodging or preventing all damage and going to torpor is vert sub-optimal mid to lategame, and running soak and rwtp for the other minions and the dead hookers made them actually reliable. Troglodytia was good with my attrition wither trap build, but not for actual good samedi reanimated/shambler builds i tried. G2 just was better in every way.

I think that you are confusing the awesome Dust to Dust I suggested to the crappy Ashes to Ashes.

More
28 Dec 2012 16:47 #43392 by ReverendRevolver
Tried it with both. Dust to dust is still just a dodge, and celerity guns and grapple both eat you alive, still killing your midgame if the non fortitude vamps are important (which they end up being, since the grouping is what it is) . So little necro didge or either thn dodge still never impressed me.

More
29 Dec 2012 22:50 #43446 by Klaital
Its a dodge with a manuever, last I heard, its hard to grapple from long range. You can also block those usually 0 stealth rushes with your shamblers.

More
30 Dec 2012 05:13 - 30 Dec 2012 05:27 #43451 by ReverendRevolver
Slams exist. And regardlessof stealth, shamblers and corpses both tend to be tapped. On the q is in decidedly finite qantities in these sorts of decks. If you've gotten it to work in your meta, kudos. I've made finals once woth that grouping, cutting out the non fortitude vamps. It was the only time ive ever had sucess with non g2 samedi. Im unconvinced until i see them win as much as g2. Oscar won with 4-5, the other four samedi tournament winners were g2(and Genina). And Oscar ran compress and fortitude as his combat.

Im not saying the grouping is useless, but withering and fortitude seem to have helped me win with them more than avoidance ever did. Its not like comparing g2 tzimitce to g4, where the origional is statically better for all decks focusing on in clan disciplines, but due to the samedi's narrow paths to winning, g2 has the better resources.
Last edit: 30 Dec 2012 05:27 by ReverendRevolver.

More
31 Dec 2012 09:03 #43485 by Klaital
You should try groaning corpses with a mix of dust to dusts and prevent as your combat package. Dust to Dust combos really great with groaning corpse.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds