file Anti weenie/ally tech?

25 Apr 2013 00:46 #47624 by brandonsantacruz
What is some efficient ally/weenie tech? I ran into a good amount of each in the tournament this past weekend. Also, ways to destroy/cancel/make invalid The Unmasking would be good. Suggestions?

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Apr 2013 02:22 #47627 by TorranceCircle
Force of Personality
Action Modifier/Combat
Presence
cost 1 blood

:pre: Strike: combat ends.

:PRE: Only usable as the action is announced. Vampires must burn a blood to attempt to block this action. Non-zombie allies cannot block this action.

And when I walk the streets
Kings and queens step aside.
George Thorogood, Bad to the Bone

Hoses weenie vamps trying to block/unblockable against allies that aren't shambling! All that and has a quote from George Thorogood!

Crocodile's Tongue
Action Modifier
Auspex
:aus: Only usable when an ally or a younger vampire attempts to block. That block is canceled (the minion is not tapped). The blocking minion's controller cannot attempt to block this action again. The blocking minion can cancel this card by burning a blood or life.
:AUS: As above, but canceling this card requires an additional blood or life.

Im sorry, you said your name was "Carlton Who"?

More
25 Apr 2013 03:45 #47631 by Juggernaut1981
I LOVE Crocodile's Tongue, it is wonderful against weenies and most wall decks dislike it to. It can work well for both Osebo and Tor/!Tor. With the Osebo, you follow it with the rest of the beat-down. With the Tor/!Tors you just use the usual S:CE.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
25 Apr 2013 06:31 #47662 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Anti weenie/ally tech?
Secret Must be Kept is pretty solid if you go down the way of politics. If pool cost Allies like War Ghoul, Nephandus and Renegade Garou abound Kindred Segregation could be considered even better, but with it the players do have a choice of paying the recruit costs again so it isn't foolproof even if it'll probably seriously cut down the numbers on an Nephandi horde.

Obviously Break the Code is good against Unmasking. As is Uncoiling (until you need it store it with Storage Annex).
Scourge of the Enochians obviously works and Fourth Cycle is amazing against weenies, but you need more Genennas on teh table to make it work. The weenie deck also probably packs an Uncoiling against these so donät rely just on them if the meta is very weenie heavy.

If you are afraid of you predator's weenies Aranthebes, The Immortal as well as Justine, Elder of Dallas work well. And Gran Madre di Dio, Italy also slows the horde decks down a bit to give you time to prepare against them. Justtine can easily Magic the Smith it if need be...

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
25 Apr 2013 07:09 #47666 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: Anti weenie/ally tech?
Tenebrous Form also works good against allies ("minions without Obtenebration [obt] must pay 1 blood to attempt to block")

I´ve recently considered adding Sacre Cour Cathedral, France to decks with Magic of the Smith or similar fetching-tech ("Allies cannot block the vampire with this location.)

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
25 Apr 2013 12:55 #47698 by ICL
Replied by ICL on topic Re: Anti weenie/ally tech?
Break the Code only affects Imbued.

I find The Uncoiling rather spectacularly unimpressive. You get pretty much one shot to nuke The Unmasking, and it's random if there are any other events in play.

Now that cards are getting banned, how about banning all events? No, I don't expect anyone to take this seriously, which is unfortunate as I think an eventless game is a vastly better game.

Anyway, the list of cards that are at least somewhat playable for messing with either weenies or allies or possibly both is quite long, though not all allies are similar. I tend to play anti-Imbued tech, not so much anti-War Ghoul or anti-Shambler tech. It would be easier to come up with specific solutions for specific (types of) decks.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds